Which pump?

Tomm95

Hi I'm 20 and have been type 1 for 3 years. I'm applying for a pump atm so would be good know which one to go for. If you've got personal experience with a good one I'd appreciate the advice

Mdadds

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Tomm95 I got a pump 1 year ago and it has changed my life, the pump I got is Medtronic 640 it is water proof so can go in the sea and swimming pool without worrying about it.it can be easily remove and put back again, I wear it at the gym and the steam room no problem.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Tomm95 the first step is really to find out what pumps are supported at your clinic. There's not a lot of point in getting recommendations for pumps that won't actually be available to you should your pump application be successful. So ask your clinic what pumps they offer.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi I'm 20 and have been type 1 for 3 years. I'm applying for a pump atm so would be good know which one to go for. If you've got personal experience with a good one I'd appreciate the advice

If your UK based you might be given the choice of 3 to choose from, as @catapillar says try and find out which pumps your clinic supports. Best wishes and good luck with getting the approval :)

Amy993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am going on an omnipod in 2 weeks time. Am currently on a saline filled pod, as a practice to get used to it. I like it already as its completely waterproof and tubeless.

Emelliott_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Tomm95 I've been on a few different pumps and I would say that either the Medtronic or the accu chek Aviva insight were my favourite, some of the others I found were just really clunky and awkward, the Medtronic was really nice and easy to use
Good luck

paulliljeros

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
It's worth listing down a few of the reasons you want a pump, simply as they will help steer you towards the most appropriate pump of those available. Also, consider buying the book "Pumping Insulin". The first 5 or 6 chapters are worth reading in advance, as they also give a good insight into what you should do to prepare, what questions you should be asking, and what you need to consider. Good luck, I hope all goes well.