Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Phdpaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 1 pepperami, small chunk of cheese and a full fat heavy cream coffee. Yum!
L: Tuna mayo with onions
D: Slow roasted Brisket with roast onions and mushroom gravy with 3 pieces of carrot. Then heavy cream, handful of berries, vanilla seeds and cinnamon for afters. Bg post-pred 4.8.

samsmeat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not very good with regular meals but trying to change diet bit by bit.
Forgot to do readings as rushing around
Breakfast cappuccino (not good but down to a couple a day compared to what I was drinking)
Lunch - didn't eat till 3pm - chicken sandwich in wholemeal bread - yogurt - checked blood sugars but not until I go home from work at 7pm and they were 7.9 thought they would have been lower
Dinner Spag Bolognese and a cappuccino (BS 2 hr post meal 9.2).
Snack - two digestive biscuits and another cappuccino (oops) will see what the damage is in a bit

Probably not eating enough - recording food is defiantly making me realise I don't drink enough

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wheels came off today.
breakfast: egg, bacon, mushroms, tomato and toast
lunch:chicken butter curry, sweet potato and veg.
tea: 3 pancakes with fruit spead.
in between : 2 pears and 1 gratefruit
reading this evening 8,3 mmol/L
try to be good tomarow

linnylinny

I eat protein and healthy fats at every meal and veggies, this keeps me fuelled all day, I eat little and often but no high carbs, past 75% carb. I eat sweet potatoes 21% carb.

Attachments

• 16730227_228451354284594_3292329371778901793_n.jpg
    16730227_228451354284594_3292329371778901793_n.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 215

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hi, all, at 12:30 AM on Tuesday 4th July,

Haven't eaten anything today, yet, but yesterday in the morning when I got my friend Gary's computer back online round his mum's house and fixed the pump in the aquarium, ate a nice meal his mum gave me of 3 rashers of fried, unsmoked back bacon, 2 fried eggs and 2 slices of Tesco Everyday Value white bread with margarine. I also. round there, ate 1 bag of ready salted Walker's potato crisps and had a can of Tesco's own brand Cola, non-Diet.

Yesterday, late afternoon, early evening, I ate a meat feast deep pan cheesy pizza. It had melted cheese, tomato puree, sweet peppers, minced beef, ham, pepperoni and chopped onion.

I didn't take my blood glucose yesterday but my fasting blood glucose today at 12:30 AM was 5.3.

Reactions: douglas99

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B = Fresh coffee and BOB Milk
L = Fresh Coffee and BOB Milk
D = 2 sandwiches, one comprising 2 slices of Burgen bread 3slices pastrami. 3 slices of onion & Frenchys American mustard. The other was 2 slices Burgen bread 3slices of onion, 2 slices of Stilton and some Mayonaise. all bread was buttered. 2hrs after BG was 4.8mmol
S = 3 glassed or red wine

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
140g homemade bircher museli and a coffee with almond milk.

Museli = FF Greek Yoghurt, 2 granny smith apples (grated), 100g oats, chopped walnuts [4 or 5 servings]

I don't find this spikes my blood sugar.

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
Breakfast: 2 Bacon rashers (thick), handful of Spinach, 4 small mushrooms, 4 cherry tomatoes and a scrambled duck egg.
Lunch: 80grms Lean Ham, 100grms Strwberries and 2 tblspns of extra thick cream
Dinner: will be home made chicken and sweetcorn soup with poy lentils and quinola. 500ml

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
This morning my BGL was 7.8, had two pieces of sourdough toast, up to 9.8 2 hours later. Lunch was mild curry with beef and veggies - 2 hours later....6.0! Lookin' good!
Sourdough toast = my heroin I so miss it since getting diagnosis. Although the 4 slices a day with goats butter could be part of the reason I'm now T2.

perry1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People that moan for no reason
B-2 boiled egg burgen bread soldiers
L-Greek yogurt few strawberries
D-pork chops cauliflower cheese grilled tomatoes
2 mugs black coffee, water throughout the day.

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
breakfast was 1/4 lb microwaved scrapple, two scrambled eggs, pint of lovely oily Cuban coffee with lactaid.

Lunch was some roasted lamb stew meat, hibiscus tea, blueberries in kefir

Making two heritage hog tongues in slow cooker for dinner with brown mustard seeds, bay leaves, linden leaves, peppercorn, some dried chocomint stems. Will settle veggies later
Hello, what is a scrapple?

perry1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dear Perry,

Whatever are Burgen bread soldiers"? Is it some ki9nd of German thing?
Slice of Bergen bread toasted then cut into strips then you can dunk the strips into your egg.
Usually seen being eaten by 2/3 year olds sitting in a high chair but you try telling my wife that :):):)

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
B: 2 Duck egg omlette with 30g extra strong cheedar and 30g lean ham cooked in a knob of goats butter; served with 80g of Rocket. Large mug of green tea and a single espresso (no milk or cream) 1pt water. Blood: 5.7 pre - 5.5 2hrs post
L: 4 slices of Salami, 30g soft goats cheese, 45g of brie and large salad of rocket, cucumber, celery, red pepper and a Tblspn of humus. Green Tea and 1pt water. Blood: 5.5 pre - 5.8 2hrs post
D: 500ml of homemade chiken and sweetcorn soup with poy lentils and Quinola. 100g Strawberries with heaped Tblspn of double cream. Blood: TBA

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Fasting BS 7.9

B: Starwberries, Blueberries and FF Greek yoghurt with h/m nut and coconut granola (no oats), coffee with almond milk.
2hrs later 7.7
4hrs later 7.1
L: h/m cauliflower soup (made with coconut cream)
3 hrs later 6.4
Snack: High/Lo bread 1 slice and chipotle coleslaw
2hrs later 6.1
D: 2 rice cakes with baba ganoush and 30g Smoked Applewood cheese.

Not quite sure why my bloods go down after eating rather than raise or stay same :/ [not complaining though]

Reactions: perry1960

perry1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B-Porridge few blueberry's mug black coffee.
L-2 crisp bread, cheese cup green tea.
D- tuna, green salad, Greek yogurt few strawberries green tea
Water throughout the day

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
B: 2 Duck egg omlette with 30g extra strong cheedar and 30g lean ham cooked in a knob of goats butter; served with 80g of Rocket. Large mug of green tea and a single espresso (no milk or cream) 1pt water. Blood: 5.7 pre - 5.5 2hrs post
L: 4 slices of Salami, 30g soft goats cheese, 45g of brie and large salad of rocket, cucumber, celery, red pepper and a Tblspn of humus. Green Tea and 1pt water. Blood: 5.5 pre - 5.8 2hrs post
D: 500ml of homemade chiken and sweetcorn soup with poy lentils and Quinola. 100g Strawberries with heaped Tblspn of double cream. Blood: TBA
Dinner Bloods 5.1 pre - 6.5 post. I guess the Strawberries (went for 170g in the end) have caused the rise to 6.5 as I worked the soup out to be between 8-12g of carbohydrate per portion when I made it yesterday.

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Omelette for breakfast, a few crackers and some cheese for lunch (and a sneaky bag of crisps), a mug of tea, two mugs of coffee in between. Meds - 500mg Metformin, 80mg Gliclazide and 25mg Alogliptin for breakfast. 500mg Metformin for lunch and my BG is.............11.9 - OK, I've not done much in the way of exercise, today being Sunday (grasping at straws for an excuse, here), but the bike will be hitting the road tomorrow, as long as I can motivate myself and the weather isn't awful.

I'm still 6' 1", still weigh within a pound or two of 11st 4lbs (morning weigh in), still don't have a sweet tooth and still as miserable about it all as my avatar suggests. Why me? I frequently ask myself. Why not me? I reply.

perry1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B- mug black coffee
L- Greek yogurt with raspberry
D- Chicken, couple new pots, green beans cup green tea
Water throughout the day