Wii Fit

jaykay

First of all, I don't work for or have any connection with Nintendo! :D But I would like to suggest for people that are having trouble exercising the more obvious ways that they give the Wii a go. My children have always played on it and I found it useful when I needed to exercise but didn't want to go to the gym. Walking bores me, cycling hurts my bottom and swimming gives me tinnitus so I was kind of stuck. However, I have tried several programmes and found that the 'hard' exercise ones give me a good 1/2 hour work out where I burn about 100 calories. I then swap to a dance or gentle sport one for as long as I want or can be bothered. I do this at least 3 times a week and try for more. My fitness levels have certainly improved, as well as flexiblity. The nicest thing is that I can do it in my own time with no-one around to make me feel like I'm being judged. You do have to have the willpower to make yourself do it but I find once the routine is established I don't like missing my 'Wii' time!

gefmayhem

Dislikes
salad
My wife and I bought one early in the year and although we haven't used it for a while - kids home from uni laughing at us - it was a bit of fun for the both of us.
I liked the step class and the hula hoops, however, please be aware that I will now have to silence everyone who has read this.
My dark secret must never get out.
:D

jaykay

I throw the children out of the room when I want to play! My hubbie and I have competitions which add a bit of fun. The new games give you a personal trainer and you can log time, weight loss, all sorts of things. A proper use of technology as far as I'm concerned!

JKPilsworth

When you consider that Wii Fit now seems to be an acceptable piece of equipment for a physio, I am not surprised about the success factor. I just wish that it could somehow scan percentage of body fat.