Issues with pump accuchek insight

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey peeps just recently rcvd new pump, but having problems with the buttons on it trying to change cartridge getting stuck it finally worked after changing battery, do you think they maybe send out reconditioned as opposed to know if had it 3 weeks replacement and problems already!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Tracyann35 , sorry to hear this!

I haven't had anything like that happen with my own pump, although I have encountered a malfunctioning button on the handset twice now, each time resulting in a replacement handset being sent out.

I find changing the battery in my actual pump quite a faff as the task appears to require much longer fingernails than I possess! But it's a worry that it sounds like the actual buttons on yours have gone for a Burton.

How is the pump now? Is it functioning normally? When I've had to ring customer services I've had a much better experience during the daytime than the night shift, but if you are at all unsure then do ring them now.

I don't know their policy on reconditioned pumps vs new - I have to admit that it had never occurred to me that they might replace faulty kit with reconditioned kit, but perhaps they do? Gosh.

No magic answer I'm afraid, but I'm sending you both you and your pump a hug, and if you're at all unsure about how it's working please give them a call before you go to bed!

Hugs.

Love Snapsy
:)

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ah hey thank you! it's happened a few times when try to rewind the cartridge it doesn't do it buttons not doing anything bit worrying lol, might be brand new but bit odd as replacement pump and having issues after only few weeks! Thanks

Reactions: Snapsy

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope it's sorted @Tracyann35 - what a pain. I've had problems with the handset in the past & it was replaced in April. As @Snapsy said do give them a call (Roche) if in doubt. Hope it sorts itself out but keep us posted

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
JACKPOT!!! Hope it's tippety-top and 100% buttonly operational!

It worries me whenever I feel I can't trust my kit. So glad you've got it sorted, @Tracyann35 !

:):):)