What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

j@mez

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 after a night of drinking

silly me likes to save test strips while getting drunk

i don't eat nor shootup while drinking

i learned the hard way 5 yrs ago after i passed out twice

not sure about my icon, i filled out the form

almost 6 years, type 1

nsfw: colonoscopy next friday.. wondering if i should shave?:)

also, got 3 other auto-immune diseases

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@debrasue and @Granny_grump_ Thanks

I hope so but yesterday I had a reading of 10.4 after lunch and then 13.8 after dinner I haven't changed my diet except marginally to get my weight right so we will see.:)

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@debrasue and @Granny_grump_ Thanks

I hope so but yesterday I had a reading of 10.4 after lunch and then 13.8 after dinner I haven't changed my diet except marginally to get my weight right so we will see.:)
Hi John it probably is a change even marginally I have done similar things and BG went up, I think when we keep so controlled in what we eat then we just alter things just a little it can affect our BG. I didn't eat any carbs at all then when I was happy with my size I slowly introduced them back in my diet and it happened to me so fingers crossed it's just a blip and your body will settle again. Good luck Kathleen. Will we see you on Friday in York?
PS. I'm only diet controlled no medication,are you the same?

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi @Granny_grump_ Hope you are right things are calming down a bit today so hope to be back to normal soon. Though 13.8 was higher than I'd seen in the last 12 months I believe so was a shock.

Yes still hoping to make it but things a little up and down at the moment here so not 100 percent sure at the moment.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi @Granny_grump_ Hope you are right things are calming down a bit today so hope to be back to normal soon. Though 13.8 was higher than I'd seen in the last 12 months I believe so was a shock.

Yes still hoping to make it but things a little up and down at the moment here so not 100 percent sure at the moment.
Good Luck sure you'll be back to your normal BG levels soon. K

Reactions: Cumberland