meals and work

andyl

can anyone give some advice on what is the best food to take to work ,sometimes am inside the depot so thers a fridgeand mircowave but a lot of times am out in the wagon.Don,t like taking sandwiches all the time because of high carbs is there any hing else i could take, i also take fruit and snack bars.Any ideals please :(

gefmayhem

Dislikes
salad
I bought a Thermos brand lunch bag, its insulated to keep stuff cool.
I roast meat, usually a lamb joint, on Sunday and take cold meat, cucumber and Sour cream and chive dip into work everyday.
Plus I also make up sugar free jellies to take in.

Low carb and I can vary the meat, salady stuff and dip

bedshaped2000

i am a lorry driver too and do mega hours. normally i take a packed salad with meats and pasta, greek total 100% yougurt, a pear, a apple packett of pom bear crisps and aginger nut biscuit and some jelly babies just in case. thats with 2 cans of coke zero and loads of water. i have done this regime for the last year and have got my bgs right down. i space it out like this-

5.00pm evening meal then off to work

7.45pm greek yougurt strawberrys and seeds

10.00pm small pear

0030 chicken salad pasta or maybe the crisps instead of the pasta but because the pasta slow relaeases it keeps me going longer

3.30 apple

5.30 small biscuit before bed

i also keeps a few jelly babies and another biscuit and always keep money with me just in case i get suck out or run out of hours.

andyl

cheers for that, do you do any exerise.I try and do half an hour each day on the exerise bike if am home at a good time

bedshaped2000

yeah i walk roughly 5 miles a day which works out at 1 hr 15 brisk walk 560 calories burnt. i have 2 circuits one is across the field for the summer and one on the street when its raining or winter. i also stepped up the regime by using wrist weights of 2kg on each wrist which doesnt seem much but you dont half feel it when you hit a hill. you also get funny looks aswell because the 2kg ones are very large and you look like an escaped prisoner. i find if i stop the exercise for a couple of days the bgs creep up in the morning. its hard work but in the middle of the night i was falling asleep on shift but when i exercise it makes me feel better and my vitality is much better no more lethargicness<<<<<<<<<<<if there is such a word

andyl

cheers for that i try and do half an hour on exersise bike and at least 10 mins on light weights 5-6 days a week. But if i,ve had a long day at work say 14+ hours a don,t ,it just seems am always tired don,t know if its work or diabetes :?: :?: