recieved my 3monthly results today

broxiebear1

hi i havnt been on here a lot since being diagnosed T2 a year ago, well recieved my results from nurse today blood 7.9 average for 3 months colestral 4 blood pressure good she said i have to lose weight i am only 2lbs overweight for my hight.
i dont have anything to control bg levels and when i test myself i am usually 9 to 13 i felt a bit funny one day and when i tested i was 7.4 i swaet a lot mostly from my head .and my face is red all the time can anyone give me there thoughts on this please

jane22

Hi there. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come along soon. I think they will want more info such as what was your Hba1c like in the past and what do you eat. I think 7.9 is a little more than I would be happy with. Anything below 4 is a hypo and so at 7.4 that is not a hypo but if you are usually running between 9- 13 when you drop lower it could well feel like that. I am surprised that your nurse didn't suggest medication to try to get your levels down to NICE guidelines. If it was me I would be doing 2 things. I would go back for another discussion about it and I would try to reduce carbs (do you do that?). I would also be testing frequently to see which foods sent me higher.
Last year I was at those fairly high levels and also was very red and sweaty and felt very tired. You do need to do something to get down to NICE guidelines. My Hba1c is now 6 and I feel so much better.

broxiebear1

thanks jane for posting
the nurse i got was a different one from my usuall one as i need appointment before i go to work long story , she seemed pleased with my results i thought i would be put on medication as i told her about feeling funny tested and was 7.9 she said same as you if i usually have high bg when i drop im not used to it also asked if i tested daily i told her that i did at beginning but not as much now, she said it was pointless as there checks are more accurate
she checked my pee sample and said there was a trace of sugar and protine in it but as sample wasnt right ( i am a breakdown fitter and went to bed at 12 am then was called out at 2.30am thats when i took sample so have to give her another one. she also said there was a trace of white cells in my blood and asked if i was unwell recently which i havnt been
just tested as i post reading of 13.9 4 hrs after tea cosinsiting of steak pie from butchers peas and some frozen chips and 2 crackers on cheese
:oops: im going to doctor on tuesday about my face being red and sweating a lot .
will mention to him

jane22

Most folk on here would strongly dispute what your nurse said about testing but sadly that is the line most take. Your BG levels are higher than I would want to be and when I was getting readings of over 10 I felt dreadful and doc wanted to put me on insulin but thankfully I got Byetta which has brought it all down and now I feel better. How on earth are you supposed to get BG down if you don't know what works. Perhaps I should mind my own business - you can tell me to if you like lol but your meals seem very high in carbs, my BG would be high on that even with the drugs I take. You need to cut back on pies and chips and quite honestly you need to cut them right out but there are lots of nice things you can have such as a nice steak with salad and a tiny portion of chips or better still a few new potatoes with skins on. Or how about an omelette with ham and cheese. Any meat is going to be ok. If you like bread try Burgen as it is lower in carbs than other breads.

broxiebear1

jane22 said:
Most folk on here would strongly dispute what your nurse said about testing but sadly that is the line most take. Your BG levels are higher than I would want to be and when I was getting readings of over 10 I felt dreadful and doc wanted to put me on insulin but thankfully I got Byetta which has brought it all down and now I feel better. How on earth are you supposed to get BG down if you don't know what works. Perhaps I should mind my own business - you can tell me to if you like lol but your meals seem very high in carbs, my BG would be high on that even with the drugs I take. You need to cut back on pies and chips and quite honestly you need to cut them right out but there are lots of nice things you can have such as a nice steak with salad and a tiny portion of chips or better still a few new potatoes with skins on. Or how about an omelette with ham and cheese. Any meat is going to be ok. If you like bread try Burgen as it is lower in carbs than other breads.
thanks for info jane will try what you said well tested again 10.3 12am nothing to eat since tea time think i will take monitor in for doc to see on tuesday,

jane22

Ah well from what I have learned here it is very important for you to have breakfast. If you don't I believe the liver can dump glucose into your blood. I hope someone who knows more will come along and explain it. So if you haven't eaten since yesterday and you left it until 12.00 you could be in for a rise in blood sugar. I was regularly waking with BS of nearly 7 and I wanted it to be lower. So I followed advice telling me to have a snack (small) of fat, protein and carbs before bedtime. I now have a small chunk of hard cheese with an oatcake and a little butter. It has done the trick well as I almost always wake with BG of low 6's and i am much happier with that. Later in the day it usually goes down to 5 something.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
BB.
Good advice from Jane.

As for the HbA1c test.......that is only an average over the last 3 months. That test will not show any highs and lows you may have had.......an average figure NEVER can. It is an indicator only, something that will show if your control is good, bad or getting better or worse.

Your Nurse doesn't know what she is talking about. The most accurate picture is built up by frequent daily testing in line with the advice that Sue and I post here regularly for newly diagnosed Diabetic's. I hope you have read it as it also contains much information which I think may be of benefit to you, particularly in relation to your Carb intake.

Whatever type of job you do it should be a simple matter to tailor your eating habit's to a more regular routine. It just requires a bit of forward planning and willpower. You either need to eat little and often or have at least 2 main meals and a snack each day.

Missing meals out completely can cause your Bg levels to drop and then your Liver will 'dump' Glucose into your blood stream, so elevating the levels. If you continue to fail to 'fuel' your energy needs this process will repeat itself ad-infinitum until your levels will just continue to climb......so food intake and timings are VERY important.

Ken

broxiebear1

thanks for the advice jane and ken
i think thats my problem i never have breakfast went to work today satuarday had nothing to eat till i came home i felt a bit tired tested and was 7.3 had lunch usuall sat one sausage bacon and egg sausage and bacon done in oven feel good just now and my reading is 7.5
thanks again ken ill read your posts thanks , thanks jane x
robert

jane22

There will be a few carbs in your suasage but the egg and bacon are good things to have. I think if you'd have something for breakfast you would start to see better levels. It doesn't have to be loads. Something like egg on toast or some berries in a plain yogurt. The latter would be quick if you are not used to eating breakfast.

broxiebear1

nurse said carb result was ok sitting at 4
she said i ha to lose weight im only 2lbs overweight for my hight :roll: im trying to stop smoking thats hard been smiking for 40 yrs :evil:
jane you are a star xx
iv added you as a friend
robert

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Pardon my ignorance :) but what happens when you add someone as a friend. I know you can do it in the user control panel but haven't understood what happens when you make a friend, or an enemy.

broxiebear1

daisy1 said:
Pardon my ignorance :) but what happens when you add someone as a friend. I know you can do it in the user control panel but haven't understood what happens when you make a friend, or an enemy.
click on there name on profile you can see if you can add as friend or foe jane is first one that i have added i hope she doesnt mind lol its just that she has spent the time answering my posts
i hope that helps
robert

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Thanks. Do they know if you have added them as friend or foe :?:

jane22

Awww Robert, that's nice. You can't have enough friends I think. I hope my answers have helped a bit. I've had loads of advice here so it's nice to pass it on.