Some good news!

kimlala

Three months ago my husband was put on statins, Crestor. He is not a diabetic. I started him on a low carb (30 a day), moderate protein/fat diet. Mimicking Dr. Bernstein's diet, and adding avocados and healthy fats to keep him full. Also, he upped his cardio to 55 minutes 5 times a week. Yesterday we got his results back, and he went off Crestor.
RESULTS:
Triglycerides: went from 175 to 78
HDL: went from 68 to 75
LDL: went from 132 to 78
Total cholesterol: went from 235 to 169
Blood pressure dropped 20 points, as doctor was going to start him bp meds if it didn't show a change. Plus, he lost 10lbs.

I am thrilled and so is he, first time at the age of 60 that he had to be on medication, and he was scared (so was I) We will see what my A1c shows at the end of the month. Although, I don't have much to compare it with since my last one was in November and at a 15. I have been working hard both physically exercising and diet wise. :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That is a grand result, well done to both of you.

Reactions: Prem51

kimlala

amazing results congratulations
Thank you @Freema, I was waiting yesterday morning for him to come home and tell me results. I couldn't even post them properly on my FB group. After reading and researching statins (especially on our group) I had such anxiety about him being on statins. However, I wasn't willing to risk plaque build-up in arteries and for-go medication (my husband had plaque in his main leg artery, chest scan this time showed no arterial plaque build-up, totally clear) . Now we have a 6-month reprieve at low levels until next blood tests. We will see if diet and exercise can keep him at the correct levels, and if not we will take medication. I do want to keep him around and have no problem taking medication when needed. I believe it will (following diet), but would never sacrifice someone's life on a belief (without proof)!!!

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
@pleinster, I am Mrs. kimlala (really just kim) I can never seem to fix my profile, as it argues with me and refuses to let me change my options (so, I give up) and just carry forward! lol. :) :)

Hi Kim...yeah, I was addressing it to your hubbie...and since I don't know his name...I was being silly. What needs fixed on your profile? It would, however, be even better if your name was Kim Lala. :)

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hard work sure pays off dosent it , and he is a lucky person you keep him on 30g and prepare meals.

Reactions: Prem51

kimlala

Hi Kim...yeah, I was addressing it to your hubbie...and since I don't know his name...I was being silly. What needs fixed on your profile? It would, however, be even better if your name was Kim Lala. :)
Pleinster, my profile says I am a male and won't allow me to finish it (it might be my computer, as it is on it's last leg). That is why I thought you were calling me Mr. However, I like the idea of calling my husband Mr. Kim Lala. In some weird way I feel empowered, lol.