Diabetes UK and Bayer USB Contour Meter

vicsetter

Is anyone else getting fed up with emails from Diabetes UK? I seem to get one every 2 -5 days and they all advertise the Bayer USB contour Meter, which has got to be one of the most expensive meters around (the others being free). I have given up on this meter and use the One-touch UltraSmart, now I can record my pills and insulin useage on the meter and modify the readings.

sugar2

yes,,,but I hope that the money are paying them is being well spent, so I don't mind too much!

dorsetlad

Dislikes
T2
If it bothers you that much, can you not unsubscribe? By the way, I got mine from Bayer for free.

Brian

RoseRodent

By the way, I got mine from Bayer for free.

HOW? :shock: I have been all over their website and all I can find it do you want to buy it from Boots or buy it from Pharmacy 2U.

I don't get any emails at all, go into your User Control Panel and uncheck everything that is about email.

ags1983

I also got one of the Bayer Contours for free. I remember entering the monthly prize draw for one a while ago, and yesterday when i got home from work it was there waiting for me.
There was a letter with the meter saying that even tho i hadnt won a meter in the prize draw that they were giving me one any way :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If you ask nicely, you can get a free meter from any of the manufacturers. Just tell that you've discussed it with your GP, and he's happy alter your prescription to the strips that your new meter will use...

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
ags1983 said:
I also got one of the Bayer Contours for free. I remember entering the monthly prize draw for one a while ago, and yesterday when i got home from work it was there waiting for me.
There was a letter with the meter saying that even tho i hadnt won a meter in the prize draw that they were giving me one any way :D
Moi aussi :)
It was waiting for me yesterday.

RoseRodent

Is this the Contour USB or the Contour you are talking about? The prize draw appears to be for the original Contour, which doesn't interest me.

oobuc5

meters are like 8track machines of the seventys machine costs £15 butthe cartriges cost a £5 a go
when the nhs stops paying for the strips and lancets the compition will kick in and the price will come down: