New Low Carb Range at Morrisons

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone :) Not sure if this post will be of help to any of you but I was just doing my online shop @ Morrisons and came across a range of food that by all accounts is very low carb. It's made and listed under CARBZONE....they have my dream come true....low carb Penne pasta !!!....very low carb high protein bread (3.7 g per slice) chocolate, tortillas, almond flour.....not cheap but not as expensive as some ranges I have seen. I am ordering the pasta as we speak.....can't wait to have some again :D Will let you know how it tastes when it arrives on Tuesday.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi everyone :) Not sure if this post will be of help to any of you but I was just doing my online shop @ Morrisons and came across a range of food that by all accounts is very low carb. It's made and listed under CARBZONE....they have my dream come true....low carb Penne pasta !!!....very low carb high protein bread (3.7 g per slice) chocolate, tortillas, almond flour.....not cheap but not as expensive as some ranges I have seen. I am ordering the pasta as we speak.....can't wait to have some again :D Will let you know how it tastes when it arrives on Tuesday.
CARBZONE is a make on amazon for some great low carb products too.
I love morrison's protein bread. 2 shelves alocated to it now in my branch. Yipee!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My nearest Morrisons is 15 miles away :arghh:
Let's hope Tesco or Sainsburys start stocking low carb foods soon too.

Reactions: Prem51

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They deliver, they forged a clever contract with Ocado and disguise their employees and vans in Morrison's livery!

Reactions: ringi and dbr10

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They deliver, they forged a clever contract with Ocado and disguise their employees and vans in Morrison's livery!
I wonder if they deliver 15 miles away?! :joyful:

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hovis are now doing a low carb loaves in wholemeal and a seeded one

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hovis are now doing a low carb loaves in wholemeal and a seeded one
I tend to use the Aldi superseeded batch loaf and I can tolerate 2 slices of toast without any major sugar breakout, I find the Hovis multiseeded loaves to be as good, but more expensive,

Good that a major supermarket is taking the LC message onboard,

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Remember that processed LC food is still processed food and hence not as good for us as your own cooking. I expect that many none diabetics get a much benefit from LC forcing them to eat a wide range of unprocessed food as they do from the low carb.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It does not depend on distance from their shops, it just depends on the region of the UK you live it, so check on their website.
Thank you I'll take a look.
EDIT They do! Maybe I'll order from them once in a while to stock up on low carb stuff. Just sshhh don't tell Tesco! :joyful:

Last edited:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ocado stock a good range of Carbzone products: https://www.ocado.com/webshop/getCategories.do?tags=20000%7C127608&dnr=y&tags=20000|127608

I've just tried the bread to save making my own and was very disappointed - the loaf is about 2" wide and contains just five slices, so rather expensive for what it is, and I didn't actually like the taste as much as the commercial low carb bread mixes I sometimes use either.... which are also quite expensive but do last for much longer. :(

Ocado also stock some of the low carb Sukrin and Natvia products too, and have often been more reliable with both stocks and discounts than Amazon who where previously my go-to suppliers.

Robbity

Reactions: lorraine95

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Remember that processed LC food is still processed food and hence not as good for us as your own cooking. I expect that many none diabetics get a much benefit from LC forcing them to eat a wide range of unprocessed food as they do from the low carb.
Even if you make something at home it involves a process. The problem with manufactured products is the additives, preservatives and the like which are for shelf life or some other commercial reason.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ocado stock a good range of Carbzone products: https://www.ocado.com/webshop/getCategories.do?tags=20000%7C127608&dnr=y&tags=20000|127608

I've just tried the bread to save making my own and was very disappointed - the loaf is about 2" wide and contains just five slices, so rather expensive for what it is, and I didn't actually like the taste as much as the commercial low carb bread mixes I sometimes use either.... which are also quite expensive but do last for much longer. :(

Ocado also stock some of the low carb Sukrin and Natvia products too, and have often been more reliable with both stocks and discounts than Amazon who where previously my go-to suppliers.

Robbity
Wow 5 slices????...thank you for that piece of information....it's coming off my shopping list....not paying £2 for 5 slices of bread. I have found that Warburtons small wholemeal loaf (2 slices) raises my BG just one number provided it is well spread with butter, despite it having 9g of carb in each slice. That is the same effect Lidl rolls have. Oddly enough though if I don't have butter on the Warbys bread it sends my BG up by 4 numbers....confused as to why the butter makes such a massive difference??

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow 5 slices????...thank you for that piece of information....it's coming off my shopping list....not paying £2 for 5 slices of bread. I have found that Warburtons small wholemeal loaf (2 slices) raises my BG just one number provided it is well spread with butter, despite it having 9g of carb in each slice. That is the same effect Lidl rolls have. Oddly enough though if I don't have butter on the Warbys bread it sends my BG up by 4 numbers....confused as to why the butter makes such a massive difference??

Yes I must admit when my order arrived I was completely gobsmacked.... and my initial reaction was that they'd sent the wrong item when I saw the size of it!

Re buttered bread - the butter being fatty will probably be "cloaking" the carbs in the bread and slowing down the rate at which they're processed. Apparently this is quite normal for fat/carbs combinations and I've seen it occur in other similar situations as a longish low hump rather than a larger spike when using my Libre sensor.

Robbity

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Robbity
The Hovis low carb loaf is the normal small loaf size not the silly little slices of the other low carb bread

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Hovis low carb loaf is the normal small loaf size not the silly little slices of the other low carb bread
I've seen that but isn't it 9g per slice?....which makes it the same as the small normal Warburtons wholemeal and Lidl rolls?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've seen that but isn't it 9g per slice?....which makes it the same as the small normal Warburtons wholemeal and Lidl rolls?
The Lidl roll is around 9.7 per roll but when sliced in half they are roughly two slices of a normal small loaf.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Lidl roll is around 9.7 per roll but when sliced in half they are roughly two slices of a normal small loaf.
I use Lidl rolls all the time and they have no real effect on my bg....I'm just saying that the Hovis Lower Carb loaf is 9.8g per slice which is in fact more than the small Warbrutons Wholemeal loaf which makes the Hovis one no better for carb content as it actually has more in it. A Lidl roll is far more filling than one slice of that bread too for the same amount of carbs plus all the protein :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use Lidl rolls all the time and they have no real effect on my bg....I'm just saying that the Hovis Lower Carb loaf is 9.8g per slice which is in fact more than the small Warbrutons Wholemeal loaf which makes the Hovis one no better for carb content as it actually has more in it. A Lidl roll is far more filling than one slice of that bread too for the same amount of carbs plus all the protein :)
I agree the Lidl rolls are way more filling. I'd only eat half at a time.

Reactions: Gezzabelle