Exercise

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of walking - at speed wherever possible and weekly walking football. Although over did the ramp up of speed and distance with the walking so now having to take things a bit easier for a few weeks as I developed shin splints.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always a mix of weight/resistance training and cardio training six days a week.
Every regime or programme will only last for 8/12 weeks max, then it all gets changed around.
Currently 4 days heavy compound movement weight training ( 5 sets of 10) focusing on 2 body parts per workout, 2 or 3 exercises for each body part.
2 days very light cardio approx 45 min duration.
It will all change in a few weeks and be totally different.

Reactions: letstalk1

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Power walking 1 hour a day really helps the leg varicose veins.

S

Sean01

What exercise are you doing daily or so?

I treadmill or ride an exercise bike for 30-40 minutes every morning as soon as I get up.

In the evening: I train for strong man. I train usually 2-4 evenings mid week plus Saturdays and Sundays. I now start each session with a very intense treadmill for 10-12 minutes to get the heart pumping - upto 160 bpm

Then the hard work starts - but it's what I live for.

I usually train for 4-6 weeks and then have a week off - where I don't do any strength work and just spend another 30-4 minutes on the bike or treadmill.

52-53, never really sure, T2, Oct 15, Met time release, diet, and a shed load of exercise. Winning......mostly

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I walk 5 miles a day briskly with the dog.
Other than that I am up and down the stairs all day.
Used to run but it makes my hip ache!
I'm thinking of joining a gym to do weights and things.
If you have not already done it get that hip checked.

Reactions: Jo123

Jo123

If you have not already done it get that hip checked.

I went to my private chartered physiotherapist who is excellent. She is fairly sure it is a bit of arthritis, I haven't had it xrayed as it is not that bad and she wouldn't give me any different exercises to do if it showed arthritis. If I do my exercises it only hurts when I do a run.
But thank you for your concern:)

Edited to say that could sound a bit sarcastic, but I don't mean it all like that:):)

Reactions: berylc

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I went to my private chartered physiotherapist who is excellent. She is fairly sure it is a bit of arthritis, I haven't had it xrayed as it is not that bad and she wouldn't give me any different exercises to do if it showed arthritis. If I do my exercises it only hurts when I do a run.
But thank you for your concern:)

Edited to say that could sound a bit sarcastic, but I don't mean it all like that:):)
That is great. Just wanted to make sure you were being looked after.

Reactions: berylc

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A brisk morning walk round the village (about a mile) at least once a day. 50 mins at the gym (30 mins treadmill, 20 mins legs work) usually 3/4 times a week.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I work on a hospital ward 3/4 days a week 12 hours a day so I don't do any exercise I think I do enough when I work!

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
About a 2.5 mile cycle too and from work, but it feels like more if cycle into a head wind!
A 7.5 or 8.5 shift as a carer in a residential care home for the physically frail, so lots of walking and stretching.
Zumba and sometimes aqua Zumba, both when work shifts allow.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I swim 2,500 metres of front crawl four times a week. I am not keen on group exercise so the swimming serves my purpose well.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

frankbegbie

Swim 40 minutes four times per week. not fast but a decent pace.
Walks with the dog three times per day amounts to around 2 hours per day.
Bike ride; short trips to town shopping, about 5 miles there and back around 4 times per week.

Last edited: