How do I know if my diabetes is "REVERSED"?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Suresh - with respect you come over as a bright guy who gets passionate about an idea, then pursues it by "researching" everything you can find and suddenly becoming an expert - all in three weeks. I told you that on this forum, there are real people with real experiences, (who in fact are giving you more respect than perhaps you deserve, in light of comments like "get rid of your waist size for an inch or two" and " no exercise, no eating"). I'm relieved that you suggest several of the members check with their own doctors before following your recommendations. I'm all for disclaimers, but I worry that your enthusiasm may be misplaced, even dangerous.

You remind me of a chap I read about - also a mobile app developer in your part of the world who was so full of ideas he " was seriously considering quitting his job and focussing 100% on developing his ideas". Admirable but quixotic perhaps.
You can read his story here: http://techforce571.com/#whyUs

Reactions: Freema

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
What might work for you does not apply to all. Give it a rest as it's truly getting idiotic.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Persistent arguments and disrespect to other members will result in a thread ban - for anyone who cannot have a civil, considerate discussion.

Some posts here have been edited or deleted.

Reactions: Freema

janrat68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i dont even know doabties type 2 could be revierseved i thought it cna be controlled or put to sleep as a nuse told me but though it was a life long condtion

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bandas You are generally on the right track. Your enthusiasm and frustration is understandable. Your proposed solution/protocol, even if it works for many people it will take time to gain acceptance and needs to overcome many obstacle. Just see how many years Dr Bernstein has been harping on low carb for T1D and continued to be ignored and sidelined, despite having helped thousands of T1D families.

Diabetes association around the world has debated about the effectiveness of low carbs for decades. Only recently they grudgingly accept that it may be effective for some...the prevailing preference is still to go for low fat, low cal, move more plus medication. Unfortunately, T2D reversal, remission is hardly on the minds of policy makers.

That small papaya leaf in your protocol may be more significant than you realize. Exercise has many benefits, but even when I walk less than 1000 steps a day...I walk to my car and back...sit around the office all day...I have been able to maintain my HbA1c at 5.5%.

Stick to your protocol and continue to update us. All the best on your journey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guzzler
S

Sean01

i dont even know doabties type 2 could be revierseved i thought it cna be controlled or put to sleep as a nuse told me but though it was a life long condtion
Read on my friend. This person insists that diabetes is caused by a virus! - so like influenza, some sort of vaccine should easily cure us all!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sean01

Wow the advice from this amazing diabetes guru is incredible. I will follow his every word

The insite shown by this genius is truly remarkable. Thank goodness he has caught the diabetes virus (his words, not mine). We are all truly blessed to have found a saviour that can lead us back to the land of milk and honey - once we are all cured.

(I hope this is less offensive than my previous deleted post - and please, I chose my words with restraint and thoughtfulness always:banghead:.)

S

Sean01

Wow the advice from this amazing diabetes guru is incredible. I will follow his every word

The insite shown by this genius is truly remarkable. Thank goodness he has caught the diabetes virus (his words, not mine). We are all truly blessed to have found a saviour that can lead us back to the land of milk and honey - once we are all cured.

(I hope this is less offensive than my previous deleted post - and please, I chose my words with restraint and thoughtfulness always:banghead:.)
Thank you @Chook.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At the moment I eat around 200 grams of carbs a day , morning blood glucose around 5.7 - 6.0 , I am curious What my next HbA1c will be ; last time it was to my Surprise only 34 So guess it will be a bit higher next time having had such a relaxed summer , but if it still is in around 34-36 area I would consider My diabetes as put to sleep or partly reversed .only .. time will show

janrat68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
im abit concerned bout his diet to me hes not getting enough of what he needs to balence his health out hes gonna come down with a crash im vegan dont snkoe or drink walk at least 2 mile a day and pretty active most of the time as well but his diet is just stupid he wrecking his body im sorry to say this but im concern is that other people wil follow it and make themsleves really ill (((

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There has been further moderation intervention on this thread.

All members should reacquaint themselves with the Community Ethos and Forum Rules. Non-compliances are likely to lead to further and potentially escalated moderation.

Please keep to the thread topic.

janrat68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
been rereading all this again and dont understand a bloody word of it to me this looks more hardwork than it should be as far as iknow its bout getting it under control and not ending u in more sriuos trouble later down the line

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
been rereading all this again and dont understand a bloody word of it to me this looks more hardwork than it should be as far as iknow its bout getting it under control and not ending u in more sriuos trouble later down the line

Some people make it hard work, but it doesn't have to be. I found the food diary hard work, working out portion sizes, using scales and measuring spoons, but that passes once your eyes tell you how much of what is on your plate. That was 3 years ago for me. Since then I have found it easy.

Why do you think there is a risk of serious trouble down the line?

Tannith

BANNED
I believe HBA1C is not the right mean of saying diabetes is "REVERSED but UNDER CONTROL".

I am beginning to believe that if we are able to believe diabetes is "REVERSED", T2s should have a week or 2-week check points for about 6 months and do the tests, including but not limited to, listed below in the order of their importance.

CPT1. Insulin resistance test.
CPT2. Liptin resistance test.
CPT3. Cortisol resistance test.
CPT4. HBA1C.
CPT5. Lipid profile.

Weekly check points help us in 2 ways:
- results help us understanding if we are going in right or wrong direction
- help us boost the confidence of patient

After 6 months, if we see consistent and/or enhanced results in the above tests, then we can confidently say t2dm is "REVERSED". Also, please refer to my diabetes reversal protocol version 1.0 (need some tweaking though).

Thanks
Bandas There is a thread on Diabetes discussions on the work of Prof Taylor and his Newcastle diet which allegedly reverses T2. On it a couple of people have posted video clips of him speaking and explaining his method. You may like to look on that thread ( on page 3 of Diabetes discussions I think)

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Lots of points on this one. For me, it's pretty basic - you won't know when your diabetes is reversed...because it cannot be reversed (ie. in a permanent way which would allow you to eat anything you wanted). It can, however, definitely be controlled to the point where your blood sugar levels will stay in the "normal" range so long as you stick to an approach which involves staying away from foods that are high in carbohydrates and sugars at a minimum. I just about consider myself to be, as my diabetes consultant tells me I am, "effectively in remission", but I have no doubts at all that should I stop paying attention to what I eat...my levels will go straight back up again. In my opinion (and I am right ;)), its more a case of au revoir than goodbye to diabetes..but I am hoping to keep its impact to a negligible minimum. That said, there are other opinions, we are not all the same and...there's a lot of money to be made and some PhDs to be "earned" pumping out materials to suggest how we can all be cured. There are also wee woolly hats like the Loch Ness Monster wears for sale in tourist shops...I don't buy them either. I know, I am a horrible, cynical, wee man.

Last edited:

Elaine T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Despite watching what I eat and really trying to LCHF Im faced with increased fasting BS that seem to be getting worse.Having read so much about the benefits of metformin I really dont know whether to go back to taking it ?