Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CJ from the Egg heads
Shellfish
Leaving home without an umbrella
Hey all,

Just wanted to moan a little.

Had a hypo yesterday evening, was due mainly to my lack of thought.
Was walking from my bus stop up to my boyfriends work, when im on my own I tend to march on and I just totally didnt think to test my levels before i started walking which mean when I got there I was pretty low.

The problem is im still feeling it today and I just want to go back to bed. It feels almost like a hangover. I just want to sleep.

Anyone else feel the effects the next day??

Marky4

Just take it easy for a day, and don't stress about it.

Yes. It seems to affect your brain in some way. Worst hypo's I ever had took a few days actually to get back to normal. You just feel groggy and cant concentrate or focus the same way. In my days of serious hypos (hopefully mostly over now) I used to go straight back into work after them. I mean if I had hypo's at night or was passed out in the morning I would be at work by 12.00. Wasn't fully functioning though.

josie38

Hi Lezzles,

I know exactly how you feel. I feel like that after hypos.

All i want to do is sleep and i do have to take it easy the day after, sometimes i drag it out to get the OH to do the housework!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

josie

twedspeed

I,m not sure where I read this but here goes ....when you hypo your body sucks sugar reserves from your muscles and organs (liver ?) to put into your blood to try and keep you going - and this then causes an imbalance in your muscles & organs that takes a while to get back to normal ????. I always feel like I,ve been several rounds with mike tyson - my muscles ache so much - probably totally wrong but I,m sure I ve heard something along those lines . :D

Lezzles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CJ from the Egg heads
Shellfish
Leaving home without an umbrella
hey thanks for your replies, glad to hear im not just being a big wimp :lol: was thinking i needed to 'man up' a bit but looks like my body is reacting normally.

Feeling groggy this morning as I had a hypo in my sleep last night, not been well the last few days and it's like riding the BG rollercoaster :(
Think i'll take your advise Josie and see if my other half will take pity on me and do the housework :lol:
wonder if I can try the same at work?? :D

IrishBird

i feel awful after ive had a hypo. I have to bed to lie down after i have one and i could sleep for hours if i was left

Giraffe

Normally after a hypo I feel so relieved and happy not to be hypo any more! It's the nicest feeling to stop being so weak and dizzy and feel the sugar do its magic, I imagine myself in black and white and then the colour surging back.

I can see how a bad hypo would drain you afterwards, and have even read scary things about repeated severe hypos casuing brain damage, bleurggh.