Type 1 Eyes

Shadowkelsey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ive had 3 lasor treatments in my left eye and its getting worse on a good day my blood sugars range from 4.6 to 8.8 but i can also have bad days where they spike up to 18 but my keytones are 0.1 my left eye is blury more to one side and they just tell me over and over lasor will sort it and your doing good with your sugars but yet my eye is going bad everytime i seem to have the lasor??? Ive had type 1 for 20 years now im now 26 in September i have a son so been through pregnancy which was very hard but so worth it im also on the pump now been on it since January tho my bloods when they do go up seem to go up during the night even tho when i go to bed there around 5.3 i wake up and they go to 13 yet i dnt move nor get up at night my little one sleeps threw any advice would be helpful im new to the forum and had this on my own for a long time my family all help me but don't understand how scary it is

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Shadowkelsey1 if you're going to,bed at 5.3 and waking up at 13 that suggests either:
  1. Your basal rate needs adjusting. Here's a guide on how to basal test - https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/ or
  2. You are eating high fat meals that need a second bolus a few hours after eating when the carbs start acting. This is known as the pizza effect, if you want to google it.
I'd start off with basal testing over night. The point of a pump is to make sure the basal rate matches what you need at every hour of the day, so if it turns out you need more at 3am, the pump can do that for you and should be stopping you waking up high.

Sarebear86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had laser in both eyes and now have what I like to call "jelly fish" in my vision :joyful: apparently the laser can cause a lot of floaters and that's what I'm seeing, does that sound the same?