What The Health [Film]

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

Just watching the film 'What The Health' - quite informative, although it does contradict much of what we follow regarding nutrition & diet, leaving me a little disillusioned.

Has anyone else seen it? - Im about half way in & its thrown a fair curveball. Cerealkillers & others referencing Tim Noakes train of thought tied in much better with the diet that many of us follow for lower carb & higher fat.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It has been hugely debunked.. even by vegan commentators.
It's really just propaganda masquerading as science.

Reactions: Francina

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats a relief, phew - thanks. What do you think their real motivations were to make this?

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, I did a search before I postd although nothing came up - brilliant cheers, will have a read :)

Drooresist

As an American Board Certified Family Physician, who used to advocate a Atkins or Ketodiet, I'm sorry to say, WHAT THE HEALTH, is an excellent film

I did my own scholarly research. The data is spot on. I slowly but surely adopted a fully vegan, no processed oil, no processed sugar diet.

I've lost 16 lbs and will check my labs soon

I actually advocate a #WholeFoodPlantBasedDiet, in contrast to simply a Vegan diet, because the Vegans may make the mistake of adding processed oils (like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Refined sugars) into their diets.

The point is, don't eat animal products and processed foods from factories

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As an American Board Certified Family Physician, who used to advocate a Atkins or Ketodiet, I'm sorry to say, WHAT THE HEALTH, is an excellent film

I did my own scholarly research. The data is spot on. I slowly but surely adopted a fully vegan, no processed oil, no processed sugar diet.

I actually advocate a #WholeFoodPlantBasedDiet, in contrast to simply a Vegan diet, because the Vegans may make the mistake of adding processed oils (like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Refined sugars) into their diets.

I notice you joined this forum today, and have not declared what your interest in a diabetes forum is.

Reactions: Divia

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

And are you diabetic? Have you reversed T2 using this diet?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Or do eat animal products and not processed foods from factories. Your way isn't the only way.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The data is spot on.
The data on methane and other GHG quoted in the movie was wrong and vastly overstated - FAO published revised figures after Prof Frank Mitloehner of UC Davis pointed out the errors of their analysis. The movie used the original incorrect analysis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Divia and jjraak