Confused

Rubette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone explain why I have severalhypo symptoms yet reading was three times normal ones. It's usually low, so this panicked me abit! Thanks.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What were your symptoms?

What was the blood sugar reading you had? What is your normal blood sugar or usually low blood sugar readings?

Hyper and hypo symptoms can be very similar, which is why is wise to check before treating if you can.

Rubette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Lightheaded, particularly when erect, it eases when I sit. Trembly. Headache. Tired. A bit nauseous when the lightheadedness comes on too.
Don't usually check my own levels, for me nothing to be gained because if they were high then I'd worry and with other chronic illnesses to think about, stress is something I have to avoi. But felt so rough this morning I took it. Now the monitor and its bits etc., are three years old so all the bits may not be correct any more, but it was 19 when usually it's 6.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lightheaded, particularly when erect, it eases when I sit. Trembly. Headache. Tired. A bit nauseous when the lightheadedness comes on too.
Don't usually check my own levels, for me nothing to be gained because if they were high then I'd worry and with other chronic illnesses to think about, stress is something I have to avoi. But felt so rough this morning I took it. Now the monitor and its bits etc., are three years old so all the bits may not be correct any more, but it was 19 when usually it's 6.
You know exactly what I am going to say now. Go to your GP since your diagnosis needs to be reviewed. There is something wrong here and you need another assessment.

Reactions: dbr10

Rubette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A doctor, on a BH weekend? It will have to wait until Tuesday when I can call my diabetic nurse. Do t want to bother her on one of the rare times off she has. Thanks anyway.