Just accidently injected double amount of Levemir! Boo!

LauraC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So annoying!!!
I injected 16u just now as my night time background.... normally i would inject 16u in the morning and 8u at night...
I wasn't thinking racked the pen round to 16 and in it went! Then i realised but it's too late .. i was hoping for a good nights sleep! Seemingly thats out of the window now!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You won't be the first or the last Laura!

Be sure to do extra checks during the night and maybe some extra carbs tonight?

Reactions: LauraC27

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
It's easily done @LauraC27 - have done it myself..

Firstly what's your current BG reading ? Advisable to have a snack before bed, then set your alarm every 2 hours to check your BG levels, the lowest point your levels will be is around 3am so that's the important gauge, am sure you will be fine.

LauraC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Current is 10..clearly miss calculated dinner! But i won't correct that now.. will leave it as it is.. better to be a little high right now..
Yes i will keep an eye over night and stay up for an hour or so then have some carb before bed. Thank you

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Good luck through the night, let us know how you are in the morning, you can get a reminder for your pen for this very thing called Timesulin and it tells you when you last took your insulin, hope you're ok.

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope your BG over night is going to be okay !

Btw this post made me smile a bit, sorry if thats upsetting, but just what struggles we have to deal with in life and we just do it as normal. Real champs. Stay safe ! X

LauraC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope your BG over night is going to be okay !

Btw this post made me smile a bit, sorry if thats upsetting, but just what struggles we have to deal with in life and we just do it as normal. Real champs. Stay safe ! X
Haha.. don't feel bad! It's hilarious & utterly ridiculous at the same time...
Diabetes.. doing what it does best!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@LauraC27 . Been there, done that. Take solace in the knowledge you're still a human being and not just a diabetic.
You know the drill, extra carbs, extra tests and laugh about it in the morning.
Good luck and stay safe.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope you'll be fine and able to get a few hours of sleep between checking. Been there, done that, except I took 30 or so units of novorapid instead of lantus. Cost me a night of sleep and a bottle of wine the next day, as the out of hours doctor gave me the choice between getting to hospital or getting the neighbours to stay up with me. Had to wake up neighbours anyway to get me to hospital, so better to stay up with them and keep eating. Poor people have young children and a Job. Let us know how you got through the night!

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How's things today @LauraC27?

Made a similar error yesterday when I took 7u Novorapid instead of Levemir :( It happens...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I injected 84 units of lantus one night

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

One evening I injected my lantus dose twice and was working nights at the time, had a hell of a time keeping my bg levels up through the night and raided the snack machine a few times :rolleyes:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One evening I injected my lantus dose twice and was working nights at the time, had a hell of a time keeping my bg levels up through the night and raided the snack machine a few times :rolleyes:
Low sugars and snack machines. Why is the choice chocolate or crisps? Why is the chocolate bar I like stuck behind something with bloody nuts in? It's the same with the crisps, I don't like prawn cocktail!!!!!! Then the machine tells you it will only accept the right change and then refuses to accept any 20 p piece in existence. After all this the little screw device rotates and your salvation moves forward only to get stuck miraculously in mid air, resulting in you having to shoulder charge the **** machine incurring the wrath of everyone with in the vicinity who now see you as a tight **** yob.
Snack machines......... love 'em :):);):banghead::banghead::banghead: