bg reading of 3.6

chili

i am trying very hard to understand signs and symptoms of felling **** :) i had my brekkie today of museli and semi skimmed milk, then later on began to feel naff.
here is my readings for today
7:40 up reading of 5.2
brekkie (1 cup of museli and semi skimmed milk) cup of tea no suagr or sweetner
10:20am 6.9
1pm thought Mmm feel naff took a reading and i was 3.6
so i had a biccy some peanuts 2 slices of white bread and sauce and a small helping of spagetti left over in the fridge
just done a jab now and i am 8.9 and still feel naff ie tired. now i understand my little binge will make me go up but what should i have done at the 3.6 point?

thanks

Amanda Hugankiss

Dislikes
Chaos
I think its the 15 rule, 15g carbs and wait 15 mins.
If I'm testing before leaving work at 1.00pm and I know I have to walk home before Im going to eat, if I am below 4.5 and falling - I will have 2-3 glucose tabs.or a small glass of milk. I dont need too many carbs to get me home.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Chili
3.6 isn't very low and it depends on what caused it what you need to do. If you are using insulin, sulphonylureas or glitazones, Or other glucose lowering medications, [but probably not Metformin only], you might need a glucotab or two. If you are not using that kind of medicatrion, then despite most of what you read, you don't need to do much more than monitor it every 15 minutes or so and sit down for a bit. 3.6 is only a problem if thelevel is still falling. If it's stopped doing so or is going up. there's no need to worry. You are actually only in danger if the level drops to about 2.5 or lower. thus 3.6 might be a warning that you are going to.
Hana

C

catherinecherub

Hi chili,
You are going to feel rough with a reading of 3.6
Perhaps you need to eat regularly as there seems to have been a long time after breakfast. Maybe need a snack between meals. I feel rough in the low 4's regardless of whether it is dangerous or not.

chili

thanks for the replies.
no medication ...Yet :)
am not a pick eater as such, most of the things i picked at i can't anymore lol

Helga

I didn't feel well with 5 at the beginning. Once you are there more often and longer you start to feel great. Try to fluctuate less with smaller meals and you will get there.