Mody/ Genetic Diabetes?

Poks15

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi does anyone have Mody or Genetic Type 2 diabeties so struggling with my blood levels i know your not meant to test after food but i did an they were 23.5 checked again an hour later down to 18.3 im on highest dose of Gliclazide only thing that seemed to work was Metformin but my consultant said they dont treat my diabeties type with Merformin

Sent from my SM-T550 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

desidiabulum

Hi does anyone have Mody or Genetic Type 2 diabeties so struggling with my blood levels i know your not meant to test after food but i did an they were 23.5 checked again an hour later down to 18.3 im on highest dose of Gliclazide only thing that seemed to work was Metformin but my consultant said they dont treat my diabeties type with Merformin

I have MODY. As @azure says, there are different types and they respond slightly differently to medication. But I don't understand the point about metformin at all -- I would have thought the only concern is what gets your BGs down. Gliclazide works very well with some MODY, but not all. Have you adjusted diet and exercise? Testing is only really much of an indication if done before and 2 hours after meals.

desidiabulum

HNF1A is usually very responsive to gliclazide. Were you on insulin before? I still don't understand why you wouldn't be encouraged to continue with metformin as well if you weren't having any ill-effects -- might be worth clarifying

Poks15

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HNF1A is usually very responsive to gliclazide. Were you on insulin before? I still don't understand why you wouldn't be encouraged to continue with metformin as well if you weren't having any ill-effects -- might be worth clarifying
hi not been on insulin no

Poks15

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Poks15 -- sorry you haven't been hearing from other MODY people -- we are an elite bunch of course! Are your BG numbers still high? Do you test 2 hours after meals? When do you take your gliclazide? Have you adjusted your diet?
Hi found out this morning my 9yr old Daughter has the Gene as well my BG numbers still arounf 14 spoke to Diabetic nurse she wasnt to put me on Sitagliptin as well as Gliclazide i take my gliclazide first thing in morning and after evening meals im a very fussy eater when i do have an appitite at monent my appitite isnt very big especially when it comes to the main meal of the day

Rie26

Type of diabetes
MODY
Hiya - I know this post is a few months old but just wanted to say I'm mody 1a too. So hard to find others lol :)

May883

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, i have recently been diagnosed with MODY. High sugars picked up at my booking in appointment with the midwife. Bloods sent off to Exeter and came back with two MODY, HNF1A and Glucoknaise! Currently 31 weeks pregnant and taking insulin to ensure low sugars for baby. How is everyone else managing their MODY? I’m nervous as to how mine will be managed after pregnancy.