What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Leftovers day. BGs a bit higher but that's not unusual after family dinner on a Sunday because we eat later, I have a couple of alcoholic drinks and we eat more than usual. Still bed on 6.4 FBG 7.3 and pre breakfast was 7.2. Been a lot worse.
B. 1/2 lidl high protein roll with lurpack. 2 scrambled eggs. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.

L. Marigold Swiss bouillon and the remains of yesterday's prawn soup but minus the Oomi noodles.
D. Last of the sea bass and the remains of the broccoli, green beans, spinach, spring onion and panchetta.
Last of the raspberry chia pudding and fresh raspberries.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another fasting day.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - none

Dinner - bare cupboards as just back from holiday - grocery delivery tomorrow. Ate a pack of salami and cheese and 2 squares of Lindt 90%

Drinks - 2 cups of tea with milk, 1 Diet Coke, 1.5 litres water

perry1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People that moan for no reason
B- sausage bacon mushrooms tomato green tea
L- black coffee
D- steak stir fry green veg Greek yogurt few strawberries
Water throughout the day.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been naughty today :sorry:
Tea
B: Hovis low carb white toasted with butter
Brunch: (This is bad) Breakfast in a diner - 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausages, beans, tinned toms, chips :sorry: & fried white bread :sorry: with tea.
T: Thai green chicken with tenderstem broccoli & a G&T
Lots of water and another tea during the day

B

badcat

Want to drop fbg by a couple of points so need to shift 1/2 stone or so - been experimenting with different combinations of shakes, meals, carbs and cals.
Todays combo was 1 shake and 2 meals for 745 cal 46g carb
B - shake
L- made the aubergine lasagne from the blood sugar diet book - v nice it was too although i didnt have any pamesan or spinach so I had to sub them with some goats cheese and tenderstem broccoli
D - tenerstem broccoli and asparagus tips in a white miso and tahini sauce with some furikake ( Japanese sesame seed based seasoning) followed by 50g Oppo ice cream
Snack - 150g fantail prawns
Drinks - 2x nespresso with extra thick single cream, loads of sparkly water

Last edited by a moderator:

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

B - nothing
L - 1 boiled egg, pkt pork scratchings
D - bbq with salad and homemade coleslaw, sugar free jelly made with yoghurt and cream, and red wine.

Only been back a day from visiting inlaws where diet has been a bit iffy, X

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Monday...

Breakfast: 2 eggs and mushrooms omelette

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: Roast chicken, a few bits of carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, runner beans, gravy, one of Mr Chook's sausagemeat, red onion and sage stuffing balls and some home made sugar free cranberry sauce

Dessert/supper: A naughty 50g of Alpro chocolate and hazelnut icecream

Drinks: Black coffee with breakfast and mid morning then sparkling mineral water - prosecco before and during dinner.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two cups of double decaffeinated espresso with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: A cornsalad with Caesar's dressing, parmesan and fried mushrooms. Greek yoghurt with low-carb honey and blackberries.

Snacks: Three heaping tablespoons of low-carb mousse au chocolat and four pieces of 85% chocolate.

Skim

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Breakfast - 150g full fat natural yogurt, 20g oats, 10g hemp seeds, 10g flaxseed, 10g heartup

Lunch
Large chicken salad, with boiled egg, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot with ginger, chilli peppers, one spoon of mixed bean salad.. no dressing

Dinner
Home made chicken curry (4.5 % carb without chicken), with cauliflower, peppers, carrot and a small boiled potato

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - none

Lunch - return to Nando's. Plain chicken leg with salad. 4.6 before eating, 4.6 two hours later. Such a great eating out option.

Dinner - 2 rashers bacon, 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages (1.5 carbs the pair), 1 Birds Eye original burger, 2 squares Lindt 90%

Drinks - 1 mug tea with cream, 2 Diet Cokes (back to work with a bang and needed a serious caffeine hit), 2 litres water.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After a weekend of oddness,

B: low carb hot choc (think bulletproof cocoa)
L: lc paleo porridge
D: diet doctor garam masala with yellow peppers, courgettes and konjac rice

May have that last tablespoon of Perfect World icecream later.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a go at making chia seed choc pud :borg:
Never heard of chia seeds before joining this group! :bookworm:
My 1st attempt turned out a little too wet.... not sure what happened, I think I read and followed recipe correctly :rolleyes:
It still tasted rather yummy! :hungry: I had to drain it a bit and with the left over 'sauce' I made another batch .... :watching:
and this time it turned out a bit too thick!! but still yummy! :)
maybe 3rd time lucky?!?! :D

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a go at making chia seed choc pud :borg:
Never heard of chia seeds before joining this group! :bookworm:
My 1st attempt turned out a little too wet.... not sure what happened, I think I read and followed recipe correctly :rolleyes:
It still tasted rather yummy! :hungry: I had to drain it a bit and with the left over 'sauce' I made another batch .... :watching:
and this time it turned out a bit too thick!! but still yummy! :)
maybe 3rd time lucky?!?! :D

Likewise, never heard of chia seeds before. Ingredients to make chocolate pud arriving in grocery delivery later tonight.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Tuesday....

Breakfast: Paleo porridge and 40g raspberries

Lunch: 100g pineapple cottage cheese on two crackerbreads

Dinner: One BFree Wrap, 150g chilli chicken breast baked with a red pepper cut in to strips, a teaspoon sour cream dip spread on the wrap and a green salad.

Someone remind me NEVER to eat a BFree wrap again - it had absolutely no flavour and just crumbled apart as soon as I tried to wrap the chicken and red pepper in it - I'd have probably had an easier and more flavourful time wrapping the filling in romaine leaves.

Drinks: Black coffee with breakfast and mid morning and sparkling mineral water for the rest of the day.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Likewise, never heard of chia seeds before. Ingredients to make chocolate pud arriving in grocery delivery later tonight.
I've just made another batch with Blue Dragon Light coconut milk and it is taking a lot longer to set. For the little I'm saving in carbs think I will stick to the full fat version. Still using Crusha no added sugar to flavour.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just made another batch with Blue Dragon Light coconut milk and it is taking a lot longer to set. For the little I'm saving in carbs think I will stick to the full fat version. Still using Crusha no added sugar to flavour.

Will see what it is like tomorrow but light coconut milk makes the Chia Pudding too thin. Prefer it solid. If it doesn't get thicker overnight it will be a case of stick to the full fat version and hang the slightly higher carbs. Tastes fine but more like a thin tapioca pudding.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Chook

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will see what it is like tomorrow but light coconut milk makes the Chia Pudding too thin. Prefer it solid. If it doesn't get thicker overnight it will be a case of stick to the full fat version and hang the slightly higher carbs. Tastes fine but more like a thin tapioca pudding.

That explains my problem getting choc chia pud to set the 1st time I attempted it! I used low fat coconut milk!! :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, I have to use low fat cos of gallbladder removed 2010 (My 50th birthday gift off NHS! Op was day before!) :banghead::rolleyes: