Steroids

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
After a recent stay in hospital my neurologist gave me a massive (10 tab) dose of steroids for 3 days now 2 weeks later and I can't get my bloods below 14 :shock: any tips as I'm now feeling rather poopy

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi ham79 sorry to hear you are a bit down at the mo, when I came off long term prednisolone use it took about six to eight weeks for my bg levels to find a non pred' level.

So give it a few more weeks and you should find things a lot better. :)

Beav

Dislikes
Alcohol
Im well into bodybuilding/weight training and I cant touch steroids due to being a diabetic.

Can you not give yourself a tad more insulin until your off them?

Steroids are safe if you know how to take them and you take protection along side using steroids but due to being a diabetic I find it best to avoid them.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Beav said:
Im well into bodybuilding/weight training and I cant touch steroids due to being a diabetic.

Can you not give yourself a tad more insulin until your off them?

Steroids are safe if you know how to take them and you take protection along side using steroids but due to being a diabetic I find it best to avoid them.

Are you talking about Anabolic steroids as used in body building and sport or Cortisole steroids as used in medicine they are totally different steroids Beav.

Medicinally if you need steroids it can be a life or death thing so there is not really a choice :)

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
Having to make about 15 adjustments to keep below 20 + which is getting painful oh the joys of diabetes and my funky spine leg thingy :lol: