Festivities - something to celebrate !

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a celebration today - apropos not much!
My diary keeping is dreadful - yesterday I managed to arrange two celebration meals on the same day with two different friends. hmmm recipe for disaster.

Started off with a cycle ( 1 hour) walk ( 60 mins) but then had an Indian for lunch
lots of poppadoms with sweet sauces, lamb curry, aubergine curry and vegetable curry with raita ( yoghurt and cucumber) starting bs 5.5 - increases to 9.3 vr briefly but back to 4.5 within the hour.

More walking (90 mins)

Then had a chinese for dinner - prawn crackers, aromatic duck with plum sauce, followed by spare ribs , seas weed and morning glory and a glass of white wine 5.8 before the meal, post meal high 6.7 . Average fasting glucose overnight 5.9.

This morning I'm still registering ketoisis despite probably 3,000 calories and 200 g carbs yesterday !

All in all an excellent demonstration that I can now eat things I truly love without ill effect. Sure I skipped the rice for both meals, but I didn't miss them at all.

because I'm still in ketosis no hunger pangs,so hopefully I can deal with the excess calories with a very light food day today

It seems I'm now well and truly " fat adapted " and that my blood sugars are responding pretty normally to what I eat.

What a turn around from a year ago.

Now I just need to stop organising stupid days in my diary, stick to the eating plan and lose the last three stones - to become truly gorgeous as well!

Reactions: Japes and ziggy_w

PC16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Juliehunt - Hi and welcome from me "ketosis" is worth a google and search of this forum - You have, I am assuming not experienced ketosis as of yet and possible being type 1 you should ask your nurse, I hope you don't experience it unless you to choose to do so but you might if you are ever ill - Ketosis - when the body does not have enough glucose to use as energy it will use/burn fat to provide this energy - another one to look at is DKA - Some type 2's and 1's are using a form of diet and ketosis to help in BG control and weight loss (I maybe corrected on some of this lol) before and when I was diagnosed I was in DKA and it was not good to say the least I was attached to a machine providing me insulin for weeks non stop, it felt to me like my blood was boiling however this was uncontrolled and extreme DKA and my ketosis blood reading was 4.4.

Cherry AA - You made me fancy a Chinese lol