Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I couldnt wait to tell you all.
My hba1c is now 48. :) :) :)
Dn said whatever I'm doing, keep doing it! :)
I've waited along time for those words!

Thanks you all. ;)
Good Morning, my dear friend, @ickihun, it brings inherent delight and joy to my heart to hear of your hbA1c and the progress your health has seen. I attribute this to your hard work, perseverance, motivation, impeccable adherence to dietary programmes like the LCHF diet but overall the grace of God that I believe has descended from Heaven upon us. I believe God is a good, real person whom I love with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. I believe you are a wonderful person, too, and through participation in this fantastic http://www.diabetes.co.uk website I have learnt a lot from the diverse posts shared on threads like Type 2 Life and What Have You Eaten Today? I've grown as a person and have achieved impeccable management of my diabetic and autism spectrum condition, through the LCHF diet for the former and CBT for the latter. I've changed my choice of bread from Bloomer's to the Soya and Linseed Low Carb Bread like @debrasue advised in a past post on this thread and enjoyed 2 slices of toasted soya and linseed bread with melted cheese cooked underneath the grill of my new black Bush cooker that my care coordinator and corporate appointee purchased for me. After the low carb high-fat cheese on toast, I took my medication. A little while afterwards my blood glucose reading was an impeccable 6.6 Millimoles Per Litre.

Thank you for everything, @ickihun, prayers are ongoing for your lovely kind self for your other health conditions but really well done for your impeccable hbA1c.

And thank you, participants and moderators, of http://www.diabetes.co.uk.

Lots of love and may God bless you all.

From

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus xXx.

D

debrasue

Thanks you all. ;)
Wow! Vicky, you star! That's brilliant news, and a great testament to all your hard work. You must be on top of the world.:)

D

debrasue

Good Morning, my dear friend, @ickihun, it brings inherent delight and joy to my heart to hear of your hbA1c and the progress your health has seen. I attribute this to your hard work, perseverance, motivation, impeccable adherence to dietary programmes like the LCHF diet but overall the grace of God that I believe has descended from Heaven upon us. I believe God is a good, real person whom I love with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. I believe you are a wonderful person, too, and through participation in this fantastic http://www.diabetes.co.uk website I have learnt a lot from the diverse posts shared on threads like Type 2 Life and What Have You Eaten Today? I've grown as a person and have achieved impeccable management of my diabetic and autism spectrum condition, through the LCHF diet for the former and CBT for the latter. I've changed my choice of bread from Bloomer's to the Soya and Linseed Low Carb Bread like @debrasue advised in a past post on this thread and enjoyed 2 slices of toasted soya and linseed bread with melted cheese cooked underneath the grill of my new black Bush cooker that my care coordinator and corporate appointee purchased for me. After the low carb high-fat cheese on toast, I took my medication. A little while afterwards my blood glucose reading was an impeccable 6.6 Millimoles Per Litre.

Thank you for everything, @ickihun, prayers are ongoing for your lovely kind self for your other health conditions but really well done for your impeccable hbA1c.

And thank you, participants and moderators, of http://www.diabetes.co.uk.

Lots of love and may God bless you all.

From

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus xXx.
Well done, Johnny - it sounds as if you are doing really well, too. Good work! :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job

Thanks you all. ;)
Fantastic news Vicky, well done!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow! Vicky, you star! That's brilliant news, and a great testament to all your hard work. You must be on top of the world.:)
A testimony to good insulin, religiously taking metformin and low carbing. Nurse said my lower levels of insulin need is in normal levels now.
I wonder if I'm still very highly insulin resistant? With no extra exercise, either.
I still have a treat occasionally which will stop after xmas. Op maybe in February or nearby.
I'm still dreading the winter for lergies which chokes me to death. I have no way around it. Asthma routine still at it's maximum. No reprieve yet. Bulging discs less irritated but still painful to walk and still on maximum painkillers, even with nearly 3stones lost.
Any tips?
A little part of me would prefer op before november but not possible, I don't think.
Still on tier3. Tier4 still to be done.
Last education session in 2wks time.(Food labelling). I wish I was nieve to it all. Just covering everything I already know. I suppose a good refresher. It's giving me a chance to get weighed. I nice moral boost.
Some are no where near their target weight loss for op.
I smashed mine by low carbing with low fat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gannet

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Thanks Barbara. ♡♥♡

Hi Vicky,

Congratulations on your weight loss, such a huge achievement, you should be very proud of yourself.

I have lost about 7.5 stones since I started getting serious about getting my weight down. It's been quite strange because I didn't really notice the weight coming off until I suddenly didn't have to wear orthotics in my shoes any more, various aches and pains had disappeared and I was able to move much more easily. Of course, there are the obvious changes like having to buy new clothes etc. Funnily enough it took a long time for my brain to catch up with how much smaller I was! It was really strange not being the fattest person in the room at parties or in town on a Saturday.

I see you are booked in for weight loss surgery. Keep doing whatever you are doing and it will all be much easier for you than a much heavier person. I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to hospitals etc, so I didn't go down the surgery route, but I wish you all the best with yours. I did low carb high fat to get the weight down. There is a bit of carb creep going on at the moment, but I am working on that, eliminating one thing at a time from my diet.

Well done, Lady! keep up the good work.

Prov.

D

debrasue

Hi Vicky,

Congratulations on your weight loss, such a huge achievement, you should be very proud of yourself.

I have lost about 7.5 stones since I started getting serious about getting my weight down. It's been quite strange because I didn't really notice the weight coming off until I suddenly didn't have to wear orthotics in my shoes any more, various aches and pains had disappeared and I was able to move much more easily. Of course, there are the obvious changes like having to buy new clothes etc. Funnily enough it took a long time for my brain to catch up with how much smaller I was! It was really strange not being the fattest person in the room at parties or in town on a Saturday.

I see you are booked in for weight loss surgery. Keep doing whatever you are doing and it will all be much easier for you than a much heavier person. I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to hospitals etc, so I didn't go down the surgery route, but I wish you all the best with yours. I did low carb high fat to get the weight down. There is a bit of carb creep going on at the moment, but I am working on that, eliminating one thing at a time from my diet.

Prov.
Well done - 7.5 stones is an incredible result!

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi Vicky,

Prov.
Thankyou Prov. ♡♥♡
WOW. 7.5stones is fab. :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Vicky,

Prov.

Wow, Providence!

I weigh 48kg, or 7st 8lbs, so you lost a whole of me, just about!

OK, so there are several people who probably wish they could really lose me, but that's a whole different story. ;)

I never fail to be astonished at people's perseverance. Very well done from me.

Reactions: debrasue

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my friends, today, this overcast South London morning, Monday 4th September 2017 Anno Domini at 8:18 Ante Meridian British Summer Time,

I'm so sorry I haven't posted on Type 2 Life in the past couple, maybe 3 days, but I've been very good and enjoying myself immensely with my friends. Lee is still in his safe house in a secret location in London for his own protection, he's awaiting temporary accommodation on the South Coast near his Mum, stepfather and brother and two sisters, Ioanna has been struggling with her health to do with her type 2 diabetes and the fractures in her ligaments in her left foot which is in a cast, significantly affecting her mobility. I cooked her a delicious roast beef, roast potatoes, steamed leeks, cauliflower and courgettes meal yesterday in my new cooker in my flat and covered the dinner with cling film and walked it round the corner for her. On Thursday I cooked roast chicken, roast potatoes, greens, cauliflower, sliced carrots and broccoli for me and my two friends Steve and Mary. I ate some of the roast beef, roast potatoes, leeks, courgettes and cauliflower yesterday, too.

I didn't take a blood glucose reading yesterday, but my fasting blood glucose reading, this morning, was a good 6.0 millimoles per litre. I'm going to cook roast pork and crackling, roast potatoes, broccoli, courgettes and greens for dinner for Ioanna and I today. So far I have consumed 1 mug of instant coffee made with 1 teaspoonful of instant coffee granules, 2 teaspoonfuls of Sucralose artificial granulated sweetener and 2 teaspoonfuls of Nestle coffee mate light. I've also consumed 1 glass of tap water with my morning tablets and taken my GLP-1 injection for my type 2 diabetes.

Lots of love from Johnny Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome. xXx.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Your dinner sounds lovely @JohnnyBaker12021970 , I cooked a roast yesterday as well. It's my son's birthday tomorrow so my mum and 2 brothers visited us. I cooked a roast chicken with cauliflower peas and carrots for me and mum and Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes for the boys. Mum is also diabetic so she's trying to reduce her carbohydrate intake. I hope your friends appreciated your lovely cooking!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow, Providence!

I weigh 48kg, or 7st 8lbs, so you lost a whole of me, just about!

OK, so there are several people who probably wish they could really lose me, but that's a whole different story. ;)

I never fail to be astonished at people's perseverance. Very well done from me.
I have to say it "your growing on me".
I bet your so different in person.
Maybe one day we will see each other at a meet up?

One thing for sure i know your knowledge has grown over the years you've posted. Mine too.
I'm still learning and hoping I dont ever stop.

Thank you recently for encouraging my fight with my diabetes. It does mean alot.
I never needed to fight but hopefully soon my fight wont be so hard. I hope.
I just want a working habit of eating which doesnt cause weight gain. Whatever that is.

One professor years ago just matter of fact dismissed my worry over weight gain due to my health conditions. That was way before diabetes diagnosis.
I should just ACCEPT my conditions cause weight gain.
Erm.... not on your nelly!!! NEVER.
I'm a huge believer in nothing stays the same!
Not even diabetes.

I was offered bariatric surgery as it reduces weight gain.
My biggest problem. Irrespective of where the diabetes came from.
Ive accepted that i may never reverse my type2 condition again but i can stop it from causing more havoc. ;)