No energy & weak muscles

Hotpepper20000

I have never added them all up before, but just done today's and it is about 250g - which is a typical day.
Many on this forum eat less then 100g.
And find it has helped with lowering BG.
I am usally between 50-80. None of my carbs are from grains or root vegtables.
Even a small amount of grains spike my BG. The same amount in above ground vegetables keeps me steady.
You have a meter with is good. You can see how certain foods affect you.

Reactions: Shoelace1973

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Baring in mind your 3 diabetic medications, I think a gentle reduction in carb levels might be helpful to your HBA1C and energy levels. What don't you like about lower carb eating?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well - vegetables are not carbless - nor is fruit, To keep the numbers down the types of vegetables needs to be those with low levels of carb, and also fruits, they need to be the lowest sugar ones, mostly berries.

oldeboy

It's possible you may have mitochondrial diabetes which causes fatigue and muscle weakness. It is regularly misdiagnosed as type 2.

I've written elsewhere on this forum about it (search under my username) or have a Google and see if what you read resonates.

Good luck!

Tannith

BANNED
Hello
I have been type 2 for just over a year, but ever since diagnosis my energy levels have gradually gone down, and all my muscles getting weaker.

I have had every blood test possible at the Drs - for anything that could be causing this - other than diabetes but all have come back normal.

Yesterday I had a lazy day at the beach, round of crazy golf- but today woke up with every muscle in my body aching & no energy to do anything! This is how I am now, permanently.

I am taking Metformin, Algoliptin & dapagliflozin. After being high for most of the year, my blood sugars are now only slighter than they should be.

A great sentence taken from this site - 'In people with diabetes, insufficient insulin prevents the body from getting glucose from the blood into the body's cells to use as energy'. This is exactly how I feel.

If my blood sugars are now near normal - why do I feel so ****, all the time? How do I get some energy?! Could I be wrongly diagnosed as type 2 & be something else?

Thank you
Are you/were you a smoker? Lung problems can make you very tired.

Tannith

BANNED
Hello
I have been type 2 for just over a year, but ever since diagnosis my energy levels have gradually gone down, and all my muscles getting weaker.

I have had every blood test possible at the Drs - for anything that could be causing this - other than diabetes but all have come back normal.

Yesterday I had a lazy day at the beach, round of crazy golf- but today woke up with every muscle in my body aching & no energy to do anything! This is how I am now, permanently.

I am taking Metformin, Algoliptin & dapagliflozin. After being high for most of the year, my blood sugars are now only slighter than they should be.

A great sentence taken from this site - 'In people with diabetes, insufficient insulin prevents the body from getting glucose from the blood into the body's cells to use as energy'. This is exactly how I feel.

If my blood sugars are now near normal - why do I feel so ****, all the time? How do I get some energy?! Could I be wrongly diagnosed as type 2 & be something else?

Thank you
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/tiredness-and-diabetes.html This article might help you. Also do you have sleep apnoea? That could make you tired.