Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Hello,

I was wondering if others use a diabetes management app on their mobile phones?

I have an app that I have been using for quite some time just to keep a note of my blood glucose levels, but it is very much tailored to the needs of a Type 1 rather than a Type 2.

Do any of you Type 2s on medication or on diet and exercise have any suggestions for a good app for me to use? I have an iPhone. Quite happy to pay

Discopants9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello,

I have an app that I have been using for quite some time just to keep a note of my blood glucose levels, but it is very much tailored to the needs of a Type 1 rather than a Type 2.

Do any of you Type 2s on medication or on diet and exercise have any suggestions for a good app for me to use? I have an iPhone. Quite happy to pay
just diagnosed last week so still on a massive learning curve, someone recommended sugar sense which I have downloaded and so far it seems good

Hotpepper20000

Hello,

I use the mySugr app. I find it very useful. I use the free version but there's a pro version as well

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use two! I started on Glucose Companion, I really like the graphs it produces, but more recently I started using MySugr aswell, as it has an HbA1c estimate. I'm waiting til my next blood test in a couple of weeks to see how accurate the HbA1c estimate is.

Hotpepper20000

I use two! I started on Glucose Companion, I really like the graphs it produces, but more recently I started using MySugr aswell, as it has an HbA1c estimate. I'm waiting til my next blood test in a couple of weeks to see how accurate the HbA1c estimate is.
I found it very Accurate. MySugr app estimated 41 and I was 40 with a blood test.
Also depends how often you test and how accurate you BG meter is.

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found it very Accurate. MySugr app estimated 41 and I was 40 with a blood test.
Also depends how often you test and how accurate you BG meter is.
Thanks for your reply. I'm currently testing 7 or 8 times a day. I use a code free which I've seen comments on this forum that it may read a little high. I'll let you all know in a couple of weeks!

Meggsie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I use accu check connect
Its primarily designed to link via bluetooth to the meter. But you can run it manually ad well. It also has a handy website linkage as well allowing hcps to see the data.

type 2 on insulin plus oral medications. also have hashimotos and fsgs

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
just diagnosed last week so still on a massive learning curve, someone recommended sugar sense which I have downloaded and so far it seems good
Hello Discopants

I have downloaded the app and seeing how it goes. Looks very thorough.

Prov