Induction today

natalie22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi ladies.
So looks like I'm being induced today at 36 weeks. Long story short been in hospital for 10 days already with horrendous back pain, had tests after tests and can't find anything wrong but I get so distressed by the pain they have decided to induce me early. I had an induction date already 24th August so only a week earlier.
Anyway any advice?
Diabetic and general would be great.
Thanks
A very nervous mummy to be
Xx

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Just try to relax and accept what is happening, the important thing is a good outcome for you and baby.
Test lots, have hypo treatments and insulin at hand. (Although I was induced at 36 weeks and vomited through labour! Sorry for that!)
Hope all goes well. X

Poosecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bless you! I've got everything crossed for you. I was induced at 36 weeks with my first. There will be so many people with so many different experiences. Mine came out through the sunroof in the end. Although you are nervous, worried, ******** yourself now.... have faith that everything will be fine once babe is in your arms. Wave bye bye to ridiculous insulin doses and enjoy it. (I smashed in two toblerone bars whilst in hospital afterwards, but it would be irresponsible of me to recommend that).

Go for it girl!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@natalie22 My advice is to stay calm - you're in the best place. Check your birth plan and preferences somthat you feel confident about your wishes and well-prepared.

Get plenty of hypo treatments (Lucozade, glucose tablets - fast acting things) and plenty of snacks (carby snacks - I found flapjacks perfect)

Make sure you have a lot of blood testing strips too as after delivery you'll find your insuoin needs will drop hugely and your BS can drop quickly too. I almost felt like I was cured as I could eat a huge carby meal with minimal insulin, so be prepared to test and react as necessary.

Hopefully your induction isn't too lengthy. Keep calm, rest lots and be confident. XX

Reactions: eeb123

saruhbeau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are you doing @natalie22?

I hope you and baby are well. I expect you are busy with your new arrival now! But let us know how you are when you can :)x

natalie22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi ladies. Sorry yes been manic with my new little one. I got induced on Tuesday 15th evening and my little girl Isla Mae arrived Thursday 17th August at 1.45am 6lb 11oz
Thank you for all the support ladies.
I had a few complications, ended up with pre eclampsia and a bad back which I was already in hospital for which is why I was induced but came home this Wednesday and enjoying my baby
Xx

Reactions: Antje77 and DCUKMod

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Congratulations. What lovely names.

saruhbeau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations!! Sorry you had a rough time. But it's great to hear you are both ok and home now. Can imagine those first weeks are totally overwhelming. Really happy for you! X