My A1C

kimlala

Went to endo for my blood work. My A1C is a 4.9!

f623a735413ab1380cbbbb6a587212c8.jpg

Trying to post picture of test results. I am thrilled beyond belief. Last November I was 15.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Being a Type 1 and last November at a 15, I have worked hard. Never expecting to be normal, I thought at best I would be around a 7. I could just cry for joy. Endo had to recheck my records to make sure I was a Type 1. The look on his face was priceless.

That's great. Well done, you.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to endo for my blood work. My A1C is a 4.9!

f623a735413ab1380cbbbb6a587212c8.jpg

Trying to post picture of test results. I am thrilled beyond belief. Last November I was 15.

That's amazing. I'm type 2 and mine is usually around 5.2. Do you put the result down to anything in particular?
Updated
Read your other post and realised you're type 1.
This is the kind of control that Dr Richard Bernstein has managed for many years I believe.
I sometimes wonder if I could do much else to nudge my reading just a little lower.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you come and look after me and my diabetes please?!?!? Well done - great...no! bloody fantastic result!

I think everyone would love to hear how you turned it around so brilliantly.

kimlala

That's amazing. I'm type 2 and mine is usually around 5.2. Do you put the result down to anything in particular?
Updated
Read your other post and realised you're type 1.
This is the kind of control that Dr Richard Bernstein has managed for many years I believe.
I sometimes wonder if I could do much else to nudge my reading just a little lower.
@dbr10, this is all because of Dr. Bernstein's diet and program. Before I read his book my bs were all over, and I was afraid to test or eat. I am really strict on carbs, big change as our main staple of our diet use to be beans, rice. No gluten, but I never thought about carbs in what I thought was healthy food. Enodo. said exactly that if i was Type 2 I would be off meds.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dbr10, this is all because of Dr. Bernstein's diet and program. Before I read his book my bs were all over, and I was afraid to test or eat. I am really strict on carbs, big change as our main staple of our diet use to be beans, rice. No gluten, but I never thought about carbs in what I thought was healthy food. Enodo. said exactly that if i was Type 2 I would be off meds.

Brilliant. I read it not long after I was diagnosed, fortunately. He's managed to have non-diabetic glucose levels for over 40 years I think. Quite an inspiration. And he's 83 now!