DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Well done, keep up the good work.

Just noticed the El Paso address, our news in the UK seems to think Houston and Dallas are the only two cities in Texas. I've been looking at the havoc being caused in your city by the floods over the years. I hope you're OK.

What is it with the weather? The picture said 2 days ago, but 2 days ago from when.

twodaysago.jpg

Reactions: kimlala and Freema

kimlala

Just noticed the El Paso address, our news in the UK seems to think Houston and Dallas are the only two cities in Texas. I've been looking at the havoc being caused in your city by the floods over the years. I hope you're OK.

What is it with the weather? The picture said 2 days ago, but 2 days ago from when.

View attachment 23710
Hi @DavidGrahamJones, Thank you for asking, I appreciate it! Luckily, El Paso is at the end of the state, close to New Mexico (1-1/2 hours away) so we were basically spared. Houston (about 8 hours away), and Port Orthor were devastated, people are homeless, and living in shelters. Helicopters were rescuing people from their roof-tops. Due to floods there are now chemical explosions occurring, and gas leaks. There is a shortage of clean water, and medical supplies. I believe the death count was up to 38 the last time I checked, but I know it will go way above this once the waters recede. They are estimating billions of dollars of repair (which, of course our government is balking at :( ). So many lost everything that they have worked for, and may never get it back.

I believe the pictures were from last week, and if you can believe it, those pictures are mild. They tried to rescue one mother who was floating on her back with her three-year-old daughter sitting on her belly, the mother didn't survive but she saved her daughter. Keep Texas in your prayers!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @DavidGrahamJones, Thank you for asking, I appreciate it! Luckily, El Paso is at the end of the state, close to New Mexico (1-1/2 hours away) so we were basically spared. Houston (about 8 hours away), and Port Orthor were devastated, people are homeless, and living in shelters. Helicopters were rescuing people from their roof-tops. Due to floods there are now chemical explosions occurring, and gas leaks. There is a shortage of clean water, and medical supplies. I believe the death count was up to 38 the last time I checked, but I know it will go way above this once the waters recede. They are estimating billions of dollars of repair (which, of course our government is balking at :( ). So many lost everything that they have worked for, and may never get it back.

I believe the pictures were from last week, and if you can believe it, those pictures are mild. They tried to rescue one mother who was floating on her back with her three-year-old daughter sitting on her belly, the mother didn't survive but she saved her daughter. Keep Texas in your prayers!
So sad. My kids are in the Dallas area but thankfully uneffected.

Great job!!!! I do the Bernstein thing ( minus the exercise haha) and it changed my diabetes right away. Now if I could just control the DP!!!
I know how much work you must have put in and your hard work paid off !!! So happy for you

Reactions: dbr10 and kimlala

kimlala

So sad. My kids are in the Dallas area but thankfully uneffected.

Great job!!!! I do the Bernstein thing ( minus the exercise haha) and it changed my diabetes right away. Now if I could just control the DP!!!
I know how much work you must have put in and your hard work paid off !!! So happy for you
@Kristin, I am so glad your children are safe! Thank you, I do work hard at it. DP is tricky, if you can watch Dr. Bernstein on U-Tube explain how he corrected it. Also, FB has a really great group for Dr. Bernstein. I know you will get it down! :)

Reactions: dbr10