Still here

hazey276

Hi all, sorry not been on for a while but i've been ill. As most of you know i've really been struggling with very high blood sugars. Had a stint in hospital for 10 days and thankfully it seems to have done the trick i'm back in the 4.5 to 8 range which for me is a miracle. :) :) Just to top everything off my has wife has been diagnosed with cancer as well. :shock: :shock: The longer i have left it the harder it has been to come back to the forum so there you go i've plucked up the courage and done it now. :) :)

Warmest regards and good health to you all!!!!!!!!!!!

Hazey

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome back - really sorry to hear about your wife.

iHs

I'm pleased that you are ok now too Hazey. How did the hospital sort out your high bg levels?

hazey276

Hi and thanks to you all, not really sure ihs, i had a real funny do which i don't remember, ambulance and then came around 24 hrs later in a hospital bed in MRI. I'd alledgedly been rambling and talking to people living and who had died in the past and all that. Put on a sliding scale for 5 days, had a ct scan, all the tests under ths sun and was told they didn't know what caused it, just something to do with the long standing high blood sugars and the good old "viral infection." So i can't really help with what caused the sudden drop to normality but it did and i'm glad about it. Just building ourselves up for the wifes first session of chemo this Thursday so my bloods have been slightly eratic but not rediculously high. Having said that i've hardly eaten anything at all so we'll see how we go. Naturally not that bothered about myself just worried sick about my wife.

Thanks for the support and sorry for rambling on!!!!

Hazey

iHs

Strange how the human body can work at times? :? :roll:

I know that of course you are going to be going through a lot of worry with your wife, but for your wife's sake and for your's as well, remember to eat regularly even if it's only a piece of toast as you need to give insulin some sort of fuel for it to work ok. Don't start skipping eating as you'll soon start to be in a mess. Along with eating, test regularly and remember to inject bolus insulin no longer than 5-6hrs apart. Take some sandwiches out with you so that you can eat in the hospital.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Hi Hazey, sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she responds well to treatment. You need to keep well in order to help her - she doesn't need to worry about you.
May God be with you both.

hazey276

Thank you for your kind words and advice. I agree and i'm going to look after myself, it's all about my wife now.

Regards

Hazey

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Welcome back to the forum Hazey, so sorry to hear about your wife, hope she responds well to the chemo, good luck to yo both :D