Diluting juice with NO ADDED SUGAR

Baldbilluk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know that water is good for T2 diabetics but what obout hi juice diluting juices (add water to them) are they OK to drink as I am unsure if they already have a high sugar content and the no added sugar label is misleading also can I ask about non hi juice still with NO ADDED SUGAR it's just my dietician has given me a wee booklet and I am not sure if they are talking about diluting juices

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I know that water is good for T2 diabetics but what obout hi juice diluting juices (add water to them) are they OK to drink as I am unsure if they already have a high sugar content and the no added sugar label is misleading also can I ask about non hi juice still with NO ADDED SUGAR it's just my dietician has given me a wee booklet and I am not sure if they are talking about diluting juices
My dietician too. As after my bariatric op I wont be able to drink fizzy drinks.
I've reduced my diet lemonade for these juices to no detriment to my weight loss. I only have very weak measures.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Check the label.. the info is there.. what is the carb content per 100 ml? If it is high then avoid (personally I would avoid anyway and just drink water tea or coffee). Whether you dilute it or not you will still be taking in pointless and nutrition free carbs.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I believe the answer is in the statement, 'no added sugar'

As a diabetic, even with no sugar added, May be too much. There is still natural fruit juice, which turns to glucose quickly.

Anything that is concentrated I have found to be too much, even diluted.
Small pieces of fresh fruit, through out the day will be better.

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
I went for a quick rootless on our friend Google for "homemade sugar free drinks" and the first website threw up some reasonable alternatives. Although Australian so ingredients mentioned are not all available in the UK, there will be equivalents here. I thought most of them were do-able.

http://wholesome-cook.com/2012/06/15/6-healthy-low-sugar-drink-alternatives-to-sugary-drinks/

I have also found that on a lot of occasions the homemade version of a shop bought item oftn tends to have less of an effect on my blood sugar levels. Maybe it is the exercise of flying round the kitchen that helps me!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

It's absolutely fine, I really enjoy the Robinson No Added Sugar range especially their Orange & Mango flavour, on checking the label now each 100ml of squash contains 0.7 of carbs. Enjoy.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I drink the Robinson's No Added Sugar too. Always have done for as long as the no added sugar variety were available. They have little in the way of carbs, and make a refreshing change. I drink a lot of plain water, so sometimes need something with more flavour than a squeeze of lemon/lime. I also find them useful for satisfying a sweet craving if I have one.