kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
Evening all.

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with the Medtronic telephone number to call and order my consumables?

My DSN has given me a reference number to use when ordering but I've no idea how to contact Medtronic to place my order. I have tried Google but there are numerous numbers popping up.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: himtoo
D

Deleted Account

I have a Vibe so don't know the Medtronic number.
The contact number for Animas is on the back of my pump (under the clip). Just wondered in Medtronic do anything similar with their phone number.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi there as quoted above call up the 01923 number listed on Medtronic site- it's pretty straight forward from there to place an order, you will need your pump serial number on the back of your pump along with your personal details :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
019 numbers are very expensive to call. So please check before dialling.

Hi Gemma - the number is: 01923 205167 it's a Watford number so just a standard UK number - not a premium number :)

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
Possibly a silly question, but don't you get your pump supplies from the hospital that organised your pump? I've only resupplied once, but I had to contact the hospital purchasing people and order from them.

Reactions: kimrooney89

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
Possibly a silly question, but don't you get your pump supplies from the hospital that organised your pump? I've only resupplied once, but I had to contact the hospital purchasing people and order from them.
That's what I was told would happen when I got my pump from my clinic @Seacrow

However, last week I received a brief letter with an order reference number on it whoch advised me to contact Medtronic to order my consumables.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Pump supplies come direct from the pump manufacturer, not the hospital - by the way with Medtronic you can set up a re-order for every 3 months, it's a good idea to think about setting this up once you're settled in and know which cannula set you're going to use and stick with, as saves the hassle of re-ordering when supplies go low :)

D

Deleted Account

I think it differs according to the hospital.
I have a Vibe and order my pump supplies direct from Animas ... and my insulin and test strips on prescription.

It doesn't feel very joined up to me and feels as if the patient is left to handle the pump supply ordering. As a result, it is often recommended to clear out a cupboard for pump supplies when you start.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
My ordering is the same as @helensaramay
I order my omnipods direct from the manufacturer and all my insulin and test strips come from my GP

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
Pump supplies come direct from the pump manufacturer, not the hospital - by the way with Medtronic you can set up a re-order for every 3 months, it's a good idea to think about setting this up once you're settled in and know which cannula set you're going to use and stick with, as saves the hassle of re-ordering when supplies go low :)
Really @Juicyj? How do I do that? I ordered 3 months worth of consumables today - I'll be sticking with the 3ml reservoirs and 60cm quick set :)

Reactions: himtoo

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Really @Juicyj? How do I do that? I ordered 3 months worth of consumables today - I'll be sticking with the 3ml reservoirs and 60cm quick set :)

You can either set up an account on the Medtronic site and do it from there or speak to the team in the phone, I think they can also do this for you over the phone :)

yakudueye1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sandwich and cold foods
Yes if you type order supplies for medtronic pump in Google there's is a number comes up as it is 01923205167 and then follow the options that you want