What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Contry to expectations, I havnt had to rely on shakes all day and my tooth is not being too badly behaved (throbbing a bit but still in one piece)
B -150g greek yogurt with 60g stewed strawberries
L - a baked trout fillet with 1/2 avocado
D - will be a shake or the last portion of blood sugar diet aubergine lasagne
Drinks - 1 nespresso with almond milk cappuccino and 2 of my new favourite drink made from 200 ml of this
https://www.califiafarms.com/black-and-white-cold-brew-coffee, whizzed up in the nutribullet with 50g of this
https://www.oppoicecream.co.uk/blog1/chocolate
Once a little treamill action was deducted by MFP - 615 cal 38g carbs ( 48 if I go for the shake option later)
Boots do a Dentek temporary filling replacement kit which is handy for emergencies.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rather a late entry cos visiting BiL in hospital, rather poorly with chest pains. Turned out to be Angina poor beggar
B- Jordan's nuts + seeds cereal with coconut milk and chamomile tea
Snack- oh dear! Found a gluten + dairy free bakewell tart!!! Oh the carbs!! But made up for it no lunch!
Snack Paleo bar
D- we went to 'Wagamama' Japanese style restaurant. The staff were excellent and recommended a meal to suit my strict dietary requirements. Yasai ramen - shiitake mushroom omelette with fried tofu and ramen noodles in broth..... delicious! The meal size was very generous.... I could not eat all noodles or drink all broth
We will definitely go back there again. Unfortunately it is a long way from home!!
Drinks - 4L water. Red berry + hibiscus tea. Hot choc drink at bedtime!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out and about yesterday so missed posting. Also have a new found admiration for those of you sticking to eating plans in households of more than one - my skipping breakfast regime fell at the first hurdle when my friends were having a cooked breakfast!

Breakfast - 1 fried egg, 1 sausage (of unknown carb content), 2 rashers bacon

Lunch - at cricket. Bunless cheeseburger. Not very nice but obviously no carby fillers as my BG went down 2 hours after eating. Supplemented by a pack of Awfully Posh pork crackling I took with me

Dinner - still at the cricket! Chicken wings

Drinks - 2 cups tea with milk, 1 Diet Pepsi, about 2 litres water

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been busy this weekend - boys were staying on Friday night, swimming yesterday morning with No 1 grandson , had to get a bit more shopping for today's dinner, did some prep last night and this morning then DIL called as one of her customers needed an emergency appointment as she'd done her back in. Beach for a while with the boys (which was surprisingly relaxing) then back to get on with the cooking. I have aromas of curry and chocolate wafting through.
Bed on 4.9 FBG 6.6 and pre breakfast was 6.4.
B. Slice of Bfree toasted with lurpack, 2 rashers crispy back bacon , fried egg and Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Usual campari and soda and a wee prosecco.
Starter - spicy chicken wings with cheese and onion dip.
Main Tom Kerridge's lamb shank madras with cauliflower rice and Diet Doctor Naan bread.
Dessert - wait for it! A low carb black forest gateaux - 4.9g carbs per slice.

Hence the lovely aromas in the house.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/lamb-shank-madras

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-naan-bread-with-melted-garlic-butter

http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/2016/01/black-forest-gateau.html?m=1

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

B

badcat

B - scrambled egg
L - Shake
D - oomi noodles with a sauce made from lactofree cream cheese, wasabi, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, basil and a baby pepper
Drinks - 1 Nespresso almond milk cappuccino, 1 califia farms cold brewed coffe with almond milk whizzed up with some Oppo chocolate ice cream
805 cals 50g carbs after deduction made by MFP for some treadmill activity and window cleaning - nice to have the extra leeway but not enough to turn me into a compulsive ( or if truth be told even occasional) window cleaner.- my arms ache!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sooo interesting day!

B: a gluten free roll with 30g carbs! because they were going out of date, and I abhor waste. lol. So did a bit of energetic vacuuming to take the edge off the blood glucose. Not too energetic, you understand.
L: (at 4pm) the last of those rolls, this time with masses of mustard, mayo, ham and gouda. Delish. Gardening this time, although I spent more time dodging those dreadful hanging spiders than actually gardening.
D: will be more Mediterranean veg with diced chicken. Mr B can have his bread with it. I won't. Too late to make a chia pud, unfortunately, because those don't usually even register on my blood glucose.

Two of those rolls add up to around 60g carbs today, plus whatever is in the veg this evening. Much higher than usual, and it has made me feel distinctly claggy.

koukSundo1188

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Watch out for constipation on LCHF, friends!
Ensure to
1.) Put a teaspoon of coconut oil into ur morning hot beverage (tea / coffee) to assist bowel function, to name just one of the many benefits of coconut oil.
2.) always hold 2 stalks of celery in the other feeding hand.

I had BIG TIME constipation yesterday after consuming the prior night well appreciated LCHF

WE HAVE >> CHANGED THAT LCHF NAME Now TO LCHFF, HEREWITH, to include Fiber. GET IT?

The prior night, after experiencing the usual cravings, i saved myself from the usual HCLF complications by eating an egg, cheese, and a block of tofu with sea salt, before i went for a half hour walk.
After the walk i ate a bowl of flattend oat meal with chia seeds and bluebies.
So i was surprised to have constipation the next day despite my habit of drinking water at least 3x more by volume than hard food.

After adding raw beet & ginger juice (horizontal axle juicer) plus several stalks of celery munched throughout yesterday to my bowels i finally made some progress yesterday.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - plans to skip scuppered again. Staying with friends and spotted a pack of croissants in the kitchen, so a perfect excuse to decline eating. However before I knew it, my friend's partner had whipped up a cooked breakfast for everyone. Some scrambled eggs, 2 rashers of bacon and one and a half sausages later, breakfast had been consumed.

Lunch - skipped

Dinner - diet doctor salmon zoodles: smoked salmon in a cream and cream cheese sauce served on courgette ribbons. Finished off with 3 squares (20g) of some new dark chocolate I found in Hema at Euston Station. It's their own brand of 85% and 16.5 grams of carbs per 100g (fewer than the Lindt equivalent but slightly more than the Lindt 90%). Very good - and a lot cheaper than the Lindt.

Drinks - 3 cups tea with milk, 1 Diet Coke and 1.5 litres water

perry1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People that moan for no reason
B- 2 poached egg on burgen bread mug black coffee
L- green tea
D- pork chops yellow peppers stuffed with cauliflower cheese green beans mug black coffee
Water throughout the day

koukSundo1188

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Btw, i tested my fbg this morning both at my inner ankle and my hand and was surprised to find a 0.5 difference, lower on the ankle than at the hand. I have been having skin issues at both feet due to excess carbs and was expecting a higher reading at the worst of the two feet.
The puncture mark does not close as fast at the ankle as on the hand. Thinner skin there perhaps.

I'm doing a hot footbath now with sea salt while enjoying a hot peppermint tea with 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil :)

Sunny Sunday, blue sky, empty Long Weekend roads here in Vancouver, Beautiful British Columbia.

Will retest both locations @ bedtime, this time though at the big toe, similar location as on the thumb.

Should be interesting :)

LCHFF !
Celery stalks eat easy

Good day everyone !

Reactions: Butterfly1960

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
that cake looks divine
It was and it is! My carb eaters didn't even know and had double portions. It 1 hour since I had my bit of gateaux (Not a double portion) and I was surprised my BGs are at 5.9 so carbs are indeed low.
I should have been more careful folding in the almond flour and the cocoa as I knocked some of the air out of it so it wasn't as risen as it should have been. I recognised it as a variation on a whisked sponge but I prefer to do it the other way by folding the stiff egg whites in. Next time I'll beat the egg yolks with the xylitol, beat the egg whites separately, mix in the cocoa and almond flour into the yolks and fold in the stiff egg whites. Also took 55 mins to get a clean knife point out of the cake. Remember to grease the springform tin and to run a knife around it before you release the spring as the texture is very light.
Still delighted BGs are 5.9 and I had black forest gateaux. Desserts were always my forte and I love now changing recipes to make them carb friendly.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been busy this weekend - boys were staying on Friday night, swimming yesterday morning with No 1 grandson , had to get a bit more shopping for today's dinner, did some prep last night and this morning then DIL called as one of her customers needed an emergency appointment as she'd done her back in. Beach for a while with the boys (which was surprisingly relaxing) then back to get on with the cooking. I have aromas of curry and chocolate wafting through.
Bed on 4.9 FBG 6.6 and pre breakfast was 6.4.
B. Slice of Bfree toasted with lurpack, 2 rashers crispy back bacon , fried egg and Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Usual campari and soda and a wee prosecco.
Starter - spicy chicken wings with cheese and onion dip.
Main Tom Kerridge's lamb shank madras with cauliflower rice and Diet Doctor Naan bread.
Dessert - wait for it! A low carb black forest gateaux - 4.9g carbs per slice.

Hence the lovely aromas in the house.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/lamb-shank-madras

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-naan-bread-with-melted-garlic-butter

http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/2016/01/black-forest-gateau.html?m=1

Ooh! Just had to look up that gateau!! Too many things I can't eat though!! But will look into alternatives cos will make fantastic birthday cake !!

Sent from my LG-H440n using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: Chook and ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Saturday ...

Breakfast: Two cups of double decaffeinated espresso with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Half a low carb roll with butter, the other half with goat cream cheese and low carb honey, one fig.

Snack: A small piece of low carb cheesecake, one merguez sausage.

Dinner: Nothing.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: Two scrambled eggs, Greek yoghurt with olive oil, hummus with olive oil, two small pieces of homemade low-carb flat bread.

Late night snack: Half a low-carb roll with butter, a table spoon of low-carb chocolate mousse.

Reactions: Chook and Goonergal

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods getting better again. Bed 5.6 FBG 5.8 and pre breakfast was 6.1. Boys are staying tonight as Mummy and Daddy are off to another wedding. Did upstairs yesterday so a quick tidy downstairs this morning (no point in doing any more as it looks as though a bomb has hit it with two here within 5 mins).
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Slice Hovis lower carb seeded with the fruity one pate.
L. Marigold Swiss bouillon and Urban Fruit triple toasted coconut chips.
D. Boys and Hubby are on chicken stir fry with noodles and teriyaki sauce me - chicken red curry with cauliflower rice.

Finally managed to get raw lamb shanks so will be making Tom Kerridge's lamb shank madras in the Instant Pot for Sunday.

OOooh. How long have you been an Instant Pot enthusiast? I love mine, and am impressed by how many IP bloggers are LC/Paleo/Keto enthusiasts too.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OOooh. How long have you been an Instant Pot enthusiast? I love mine, and am impressed by how many IP bloggers are LC/Paleo/Keto enthusiasts too.
Mine only arrived on 2 August but it is in use most days. I absolutely love it. Best purchase ever. I got a bargain. It was on offer in Good Food magazine and as a subscriber I got another £10 off so I ended up getting it for £69. You should have seen my Hubby's face when I announced I'd like a second one.
The one thing I still haven't got 100% right is the liquid quantities but the saute function is brilliant at reducing it anyway.
I find it quite easy to adjust recipes to suit a keto diet and IP just makes life even easier. I suspect it will be in use every day in winter.
P.S. Tom Kerridge's lamb shank madras was delicious. His was 4 hours in the oven - IP 45 mins and a slow release.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine only arrived on 2 August but it is in use most days. I absolutely love it. Best purchase ever. I got a bargain. It was on offer in Good Food magazine and as a subscriber I got another £10 off so I ended up getting it for £69. You should have seen my Hubby's face when I announced I'd like a second one.
The one thing I still haven't got 100% right is the liquid quantities but the saute function is brilliant at reducing it anyway.
I find it quite easy to adjust recipes to suit a keto diet and IP just makes life even easier. I suspect it will be in use every day in winter.
P.S. Tom Kerridge's lamb shank madras was delicious. His was 4 hours in the oven - IP 45 mins and a slow release.

Mine was a Black Friday, last year purchase, and I think I'll have a baby one, when the 3ltr comes out, to go alongside the cauldron. I just love it, and my most recent, in a whole line of delicious concoctions was this:

http://mylifecookbook.com/2017/01/09/low-carb-balsamic-beef-instant-pot/

I didn't add the palm sugar, just a bit of sweetener at the end, then saute to reduce the fluids a bit.

For second time around, when heating it, I added a bunch of stir fry veg and beansprouts to make a sort of main meal soup. Nom, nom.

My IP + CopyMeThat have made life a lot simpler. I'm sort of tempted by the 4 minute roast beef concept, out of curiosity more than anything. :)

Sorry for deflecting the thread everyone.

Reactions: maglil55