Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all. Up to 9.2 at 9.30 am despite a carb. free day yesterday. :( Must be a combination of this awful bronchitis, disturbed night ( coughing) and lack of exercise.:arghh: Also tested later than normal (Overslept!) Have a good Sunday folks.:)
Get well soon @dogslife .

Reactions: Philb69

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
A 5.3 this morning :) :) :) weight loss continuing too. Kids at school monday. Hurray!
Looking forward to normality and more money in my purse. Ha ha.
All looking good for you, ickihun!:happy:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks ickihun. Have to admit I'm struggling with this one!
I'm thinking of you. I know what the breathing problem in illness is like and so distressing. I was frightened. I'm not proud enough to admit it. I'm dreading the winter, this year. I'm not convinced my asthma is as well controlled as it could be. Seeing nurse next week for review.
Use your health team. Call gp for a callback if need be. You shouldnt be suffering too much. Not in this day and age. Insist. Unless they know extent of complication they won't do more. Press them hun or get your carer/partner to do it for you.
There is more help.
You don't have to suffer in silience!
PM me to let me know how you get on. If you want too. ;)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.2 - hey ho yet another water infection. I have my diabetic check up week after next, a bit more medication may be necessary to get my sugars down into the 5s and 6s. Less likely to get water infections that way. 3.9.17

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hi james 13-What chocolate are you eating? My treat is Aldi's Moser Roth 70% dark. Each packet contains small individual 25g bars which help to avoid the temptation of eating too much at a time.:)

PS : Each 25g bar has 7.6g carb. of which 7.1g= sugar.

Last edited: