Lost the plot again

squirrel

Ok im having load of problems, im always hungry and want to eat, my sugars have went to pot again seem to be about 10 in the morning but as soon as i eat even small amounts i end up around 20 two hours later, im on lantus 50 units at night and novo rapid, i think i need to speak to my dieabetic nurse, is there anything i should be asking her about? should i be on more meds than just insulin?

Amanda Hugankiss

Dislikes
Chaos
Hi Squirrel,
I'm sorry, I'm not an insulin user - someone will be along soon I'm sure. I just wanted you to know you wer'nt alone.

I have sure had the "wanting to eat my way through the kitchen" sort of feeling.

A

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Squirrel,

Someone on here has written a very good list of questions to ask your doctor/nurse when you go there. I am not sure where it is but think that someone will see this and post it for you. I think the monitors know where it is.

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Hi Squirrel
Do a google search, for Lantus Hungry - it may not be a common side-effect but it does affect some people. Lantus also caused me stomach/digestive probs and amongst other things, but the empty/sick/hungry feeling was awful with Lantus.
Jus :)