About The Cause of NP, PNP, RP, Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch.R.

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
No, I don't need to cntrol it constantly. And no basal insulin suited my needs. My pump provides exactly the basal insulin I need.

The reason I don't have a CGM is because I can't afford one. My pump was free. I have no problem finger prick testing. My pump settings are pretty much spot on so I don't need to adjust it much.

You like to know how to get a CGM from your Health Insurance ?

I could also inform you how really to do the perfect daily calibrations, etc.

Ch.R.

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
It is not at all surprising that "there is still a majority" who don't "understand what’s really behind all the known causes !"; most people with diabetes are primarily concerned with their own particular condition and experience...and as with most things in life (not just health) the focus of people's lives differs as does the level of their education, the opportunity and/or desire to explore beyond that which they have in front of them. As for causes of diabetes - some don't care, some actually know, some choose not to know, some don't have the time, some recognise that there are a number of "causes" and a whole range of "types" as well as a whole plethora of theories. Bottom line, most who want to do something about it are far more interested in how to control it and how to cope than in what may or may not have caused it according to latest medical research. It is perhaps more surprising (though certainly not entirely so) that medical professionals concerned with diabetes are not all aware of the thought on causes and, more importantly, that they are not all up to speed on appropriate dietary issues among other things related to managing diabetes. I hope your post does indeed help those who may be interested in possible causes but, to be frank (and this is just my opinion), it would be more helpful to address ways in which people might better manage their diabetes as that IS something they can actually do something about. One might say that if a man is bitten by a dog, he needs to tend to the wound rather than learn about how the teeth of dogs may have evolved. I know that is over simplifying things and I do not intend to offend you...but hopefully this may inform you as to why your points have been less than enthusiastically received.

Also..re "Man of God" aimed at @JohnEGreen - you have jumped to a conclusion based on a photo...and, if there is a god, then are we not all men of god?

ps. I do know that I am an awkward so and so. I hope you will continue to contribute to the site with information we can directly benefit from. I fail in that regard myself often.

Hello Pleinster,
I’m sorry for not replying earlier to you and really I thank you very much for
your appreciation.
Yesterday I was not so in a good mood as seen after some irregular editing
I regrettably did experience the day before, which is making me now a little
reluctant to help.
I did believe this “share your diabetes experiences, offer support” but . . . . .

However, of what I have seen of you could make you to be someone
interesting to have conversations with, to keep in mind.

Happy Whatever . . .

Reactions: pleinster

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @Ch.R.
Reading the thread there seems to be misunderstanding on all sides.
Most posters on the site are in the UK so our health system does not use the health insurance model. We get free healthcare by paying in through tax, this means many things are provided but CGMs are not.
It seemed to me, and forgive me if incorrect, that you were dismissive of @tim2000s yet I would suggest you take a look at the links in his signature - he does know what he is talking about.
Yes, we all know diabetes causes complications but even those here who follow very tight control have blips. It sounds like you are early in your diabetes journey and keen to learn. Management may be easy for you now but it can fluctuate over time.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

You like to know how to get a CGM from your Health Insurance ?

I could also inform you how really to do the perfect daily calibrations, etc.

We don't have insurance in the UK. My pump was free as are my insulin, meter, test strips, etc etc

If I did have a CGM, I would take advice from some of the many users here who have a Vibe and Dexcom.

I know you're tryng to be helpful, but you're making a big mistake in assuming we're all idiots who know nothing about diabetes. This forum contains a wealth of knowledge - far more than you as an individual have.

I also notice you didn't reply to my rebuttal of your comment about pumps "pouring insulin in unneeded". You clearly know very little about pumps if you believe this.

Ch.R.

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
We don't have insurance in the UK. My pump was free as are my insulin, meter, test strips, etc etc

If I did have a CGM, I would take advice from some of the many users here who have a Vibe and Dexcom.

I know you're tryng to be helpful, but you're making a big mistake in assuming we're all idiots who know nothing about diabetes. This forum contains a wealth of knowledge - far more than you as an individual have.

I also notice you didn't reply to my rebuttal of your comment about pumps "pouring insulin in unneeded". You clearly know very little about pumps if you believe this.
We have a Dexcom G5 if you did read my Introduction and before did have
the G4 and I have also contacts to Dexcom USA.

If I did offer help to get a Dexcom from your Health System, it has to do
about how and what your Doctor should attest to you to apply you for
getting one, because we have been in the same situation and got one.
But sorry, it’s OK.

About not replying further to your post, about the pouring of insulin, it
has technical reasons of understanding.
If there is No Sensor involved to know if the Body need Insulin or not,
then just independent of any need, just by your manual program settings
it will inject or not inject Insulin in your Body. That’s the technical fact.

If I do not immediately reply, it means that I also have other important things to do.

I’m also related with some R&D for a future may possible T1D Therapy.

What is so special by you that any Basal Insulin as Tresiba or Toujeo
could not fulfill your needs and therefore you did need a pump ?
( This by knowing the Insulin Basal Diagrams. )

Ch.R.

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Ch.R.
Reading the thread there seems to be misunderstanding on all sides.
Most posters on the site are in the UK so our health system does not use the health insurance model. We get free healthcare by paying in through tax, this means many things are provided but CGMs are not.
It seemed to me, and forgive me if incorrect, that you were dismissive of @tim2000s yet I would suggest you take a look at the links in his signature - he does know what he is talking about.
Yes, we all know diabetes causes complications but even those here who follow very tight control have blips. It sounds like you are early in your diabetes journey and keen to learn. Management may be easy for you now but it can fluctuate over time.
Hi Dikat
Whatever system of Health is in place, it usually requests the same as
any Health Insurance and it’s not prohibited to have it also privately.

About tim2000 at that day and as a Moderator I did have some reason
behind as I briefly mentioned in some other post and was generally not
in a good mood and sorry for that.

If you properly consider the NIH.Gov Link and Wikipedia Link in this
Post Matter, then anybody can experience that to read this to really
understand of what there is explained, takes at least 1 ½ hours to
study. Therefore any reply after only about 15 minutes after posting
by “I don’t really understand the point of this post?” cannot be real.

We have now in the family about 7 years of experiences with Diabetes
and I’m also dealing with some R&D Matters in the Diabetes Field.

I do not need to reconfirm my Know-How, but your impression is wrong.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know how to get a Dexcom, thanks. I don't think you understand the NHS.

My pump different basal rates are perfectly matched to what I need. No basal insulin could magically give me 0.05 units one hour and 0.7 units a few hours later.

I don't need a sensor to tell me if I need insulin. I'm perfectly capable of testing and deciding myself. Again, your understanding of pumps seems very limited.

I don't think you realise just how arrogantly you come across in what you write. You're assuming we know nothing and that you're the fount of all knowledge. You've posted an example of a meal you ate and are offering to share your 'genius' with us lowly plebs.

Do you not think we all get great results like that? We just don't present them in such a way that suggests we are the supreme source of all diabetes knowledge. Have some humility.

Ch.R.

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I know how to get a Dexcom, thanks. I don't think you understand the NHS.

My pump different basal rates, perfectly matched to what I need. No basal insulin could magically give me 0.05 units one hour and 0.7 units a few hours later.

I don't need a sensor to tell me if I need insulin. I'm perfectly capable of testing and deciding myself. Again, your understanding of pumps seems very limited.

I don't think you realise just how arrogantly you come across in what you write. You're assuming we know nothing and that you're the fount of all knowledge. You've posted an example of a meal you ate and are offering to share your 'genius' with us lowly plebs.

Do you not think we all get great results like that? We just don't present thrm in such a way that suggests we are the supreme source of all diabetes knowledge. Have some humility.

It’s Good For You To Be In The Know !

Thank You For Your Kindness.

Happy Weekend

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
@moderator Surely this post has gone as far as it can? I find it painful to read. I don't see benefit gained by poster or posters.
Could it be closed please?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Struma If a post or thread is causing you concern, you can report it for the mod team to look at :)

Status
Not open for further replies.