Bad week.

Tannith

BANNED
Have you tried? If you want to get your BS levels down to somewhere near normal and avoid a future with more and more medication, you have to try everything you can. Why not give it a go? You could make them into egg-mayo with some real mayonnaise. A cold chicken leg perhaps? Cheese and a few nuts are good. For a drink you could have a coffee with cream. If you want toast, and if you have a Lidl nearby, you could get some of their high protein rolls that are only about 9g. carbs per roll, and are lovely and filling with butter melting in.
Just don't mention those delicious Lidl rolls again while I'm on a vlc diet!!! I used to buy us one each as a treat when I did the Lidl shop, but no more. I have to walk right on the other side of the aisle to avoid seeing them and I can still smell them!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just don't mention those delicious Lidl rolls again while I'm on a vlc diet!!! I used to buy us one each as a treat when I did the Lidl shop, but no more. I have to walk right on the other side of the aisle to avoid seeing them and I can still smell them!

Soz. They are one thing I would never give up. ;)

Is your vlc diet very low carb or very low calorie?

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Half one with butter or cheese wouldn't be too bad would it?

xlisa23x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm up early too, it's not fun! I tend to have a small portion of museli with blueberries or raspberries. Found this doesn't cause spikes like bread or cereal sometimes does. Congrats on the new job @xlisax23 :)
Thank you. I have been having bran flakes and it doesn't seem to effect my bg too much but don't want to have it all the time lol

Lisa

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I have been having bran flakes and it doesn't seem to effect my bg too much but don't want to have it all the time lol

Lisa

You are very lucky if you can cope with Bran Flakes! They are 63.4% carbs including 13.6% sugar! Do you put milk on them as well? Milk is high in carbs too depending how much you have. Do you measure the portion size and count the carbs in this meal?. What sort of rise do you see 2 hours after first bite?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take almonds to work with me. I have a couple as I drive to work then some as I feel like it a bit later on. Very sustaining and super good for you (though I thought the same of Brazils until someone told me I could only have 2!).
Sorry about rationing the brazils, but they ARE still super good for you - just not in industrial quantities. It's a bit like carbs - very helpful in small amunts but lots and lots, not so much.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are very lucky if you can cope with Bran Flakes! They are 63.4% carbs including 13.6% sugar! Do you put milk on them as well? Milk is high in carbs too depending how much you have. Do you measure the portion size and count the carbs in this meal?. What sort of rise do you see 2 hours after first bite?
I used to be ok with Bran Flakes and added almonds to them for a little bit of extra crunch however I prefer the yoghurt and berries unless I'm on a day off then it's scrambled/poached/fried eggs on either Tesco High protein or Hovis seedeed (the one in the orange packaging) toast

annscullamus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have one or two Graze Mini Protein balls - not much, 2g Carb each and definitely keep me going early without the nausea factor at all. I buy the lemon and honey ones. Not even addictive at that time in the morning !

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry about rationing the brazils, but they ARE still super good for you - just not in industrial quantities. It's a bit like carbs - very helpful in small amunts but lots and lots, not so much.
But two - two. I am a broken man.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yogurt & berries so simple. Bag of frozen ones. Take some out the night before and put in a ramekin. Yogurt on top and leave in fridge til morning. Couldnt get less faffing around in mornings. Jyst take out of fridge and enjoy!!

Reactions: geefull

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
But you got to take the stone out and keep it from going beown overnight.. or take stone out n cut in half in the morning-lol!!

Reactions: maglil55

xlisa23x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think they r bran flakes actually they are called benefit from aldi's

Lisa

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Sausages? Cook day before eat from fridge?

Sam50

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's surprising what you can get used to for breakfast. I'm not diabetic (Hubby is) so when at home I usually have toast and honey for breakfast but last week we were away on holiday. To keep Hubby company for breakfast we both had Greek yoghurts, cheese and sliced meat with coffee and cream. It was really nice :) I actually prefer that kind of breakfast if I'm honest and since it is easier for me to follow Hubby's new eating patterns, i've found that I too have lost weight without trying-a bonus !:happy:

Reactions: donnellysdogs