T1 New Diagnosis :O

evj95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@db89 At the McDonalds near me, the drinks dispenser is hidden behind a wall dividing the resturant and the final drive thru window area a apart, so I unfortuantely couldn't keep track of the drink I was served. If I did manage to see this happen I would have instantly caused a fuss and made them re-do it or if they wasn't willing to do it themselves threatened to go in there and make it myself.

Really irates me that their is people in this world that think that it is funny to make a judgement on people for what they look like and give them the opposite to their order when they don't know jack about that person's health conditions. When it is my life in the balance I get peeved easily.

Crystalwand

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Crystalwand No, I am not the first Diabetic in store, there is another type 1 and a type 2 in my store and as well as a few mothers of type 1's so have been getting some good advice from them that have been doing this for a lot longer than me.

At work it is actually a lot less stressful than what I thought it was going to be. Have got approval from various managers including the store manager to take extra breaks if I need to treat myself whilst on shift, also have been told that if anyone tries to stop me from doing this that I can essentially tell them to stuff themselves up the backside and walk off the shopfloor as well as directing a customer that I am dealing with to another GA. All this also applies to when I have to go onto the checkouts. So I had fears for pretty much nothing..

Although I'm just waiting on a new manager to come in eventually and get in my face at the amount of breaks I have to take. Because I will tell them very, very sternly the reason why and not in the backroom either, I'd do it on the shopfloor in front of customers to make them embarrassed.

@tiredoftrying2017 I feel in control overall, but at the moment I'm running higher than usual which I presume is down to a screw up at McDonalds of them giving me regular coke instead of diet and I didn't taste the difference and drank it all. Some people you just can't trust to do some stuff to requirements.
I have been T1 for 40 years and been with my hubby for for 34 years and he still drives me made have I eaten what have I eaten how's my bloods, I just take no notice or just tell him to be quite it never changes but you do learn to live with the comments, it's your diabetes and you do it your way just be happy with yourself just saying have a good week

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As I say if I'm suspicious about a drink like that now I'd just test it on my meter before drinking it and take it back if wrong. Sure it costs a strip but I'd rather just be comfortable drinking it.

It's sad that you can't always trust people to give you what you ask for but equally people are human and mistakes can be made - as long as they rectify it I'll let it go and can't expect everyone to understand why the drink has to be sugar free if that's what I ordered.

evj95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@db89 I may have to do that next time, normally I have my friend try the drink for me as she is epic at tasting the difference but this time I wasn't with her and trusted the staff. I know mistakes can be made but what harm would be caused to do a quick double check after they have made the drink?

@tiredoftrying2017 So two hours after I had my dinner, with my novorapid, started to feel off and decided to check myself and I was at 3.5, so broke out the coke and jelly babies, as there wasn't many jelly babies left. Now waiting 15 minutes to see if I should repeat or have some biscuits before going to sleep.

Reactions: mytype1.life