CarlyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, snobby behaviour
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've posted here but I need some advice from the diabetic community because you guys understand and know best.

I am a T1D and 11 weeks pregnant. This morning I started getting kidney pain (dull ache and throbbing in my back on the right hand side just below my rib cage).

Should I seek help? How urgently?

Not sure what to do.

TIA

Carly

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
At 11 weeks pregnant I should pop along to A&E. You do not need a kidney infection at any stage of pregnancy. I am T2 but suffered this with my first and second pregnancys and it was not a happy time.
How are your readings?

CarlyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At 11 weeks pregnant I should pop along to A&E. You do not need a kidney infection at any stage of pregnancy. I am T2 but suffered this with my first and second pregnancys and it was not a happy time.
How are your readings?

Really? I'm worried I would be wasting people's time. My readings are normal

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Really? I'm worried I would be wasting people's time. My readings are normal
When you are pregnant no time is ever wasted. You could seek an emergency appt. with your gp in the morning. A simple dip test will show up any baddies. If the pain worsens overnight I would definitely see someone. Drink plenty of clear water to 'flush' through the system.

Reactions: Levy

CarlyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
When you are pregnant no time is ever wasted. You could seek an emergency appt. with your gp in the morning. A simple dip test will show up any baddies. If the pain worsens overnight I would definitely see someone. Drink plenty of clear water to 'flush' through the system.

Thank you. I'm trying with the water but it sets off the nausea. I'll try.
Thanks again