Well...I had to pretend Diabetes was gone, didn't I?!

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was on this forum a year ago - just before an op where they suddenly took a test and decided I was borderline diabetic and needed it under control before they'd go ahead. So I cut back - I mean REALLY cut back on carbs, lost a stone and generally went super healthy. Then the callback after a few months later was that all looked normal-ish and the op was rescheduled.

So...I forgot about it. Crazy eh?!

Around 2 weeks ago the doctors decided to send me a letter to say they wanted me to test again so off I trotted yesterday. The doctor rang me at home this evening and told me I had diabetes - a 59 rating she said. I need to retest again next week but I'm sure it's not wrong - I've been going on a sugar rush the past few months and feeling ill, tired etc.

So you'll be seeing a lot more of me. It was silly of me to pretend everything was OK. I'm having a stern talk with myself.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A lot of people have done the same. This time at least you know the pitfalls. Dust yourself down and start again.
And welcome back, even though I've not been here long.

Reactions: Snootybutnice

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to get your own blood glucose meter. Then you will know if your blood sugars are getting too high.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, you've done it before, you can do it again, but your own meter is essential if you want to get in proper control.

Welcome back.

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, you've done it before, you can do it again, but your own meter is essential if you want to get in proper control.

Welcome back.
Thanks Bluetit - I got one first time around so I'll now be using it again and will be dusting it all off!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to get your own blood glucose meter. Then you will know if your blood sugars are getting too high.
Thanks Art of Flowers - I've tried to be good today and got a reading of 8.9 this evening which is the first reading I've taken. Just eaten nuts, cheese, pepperami, water and a few cups of tea today. As soon as I can get to the shops I can start to buy other foods as want to follow a low carb diet. Thank you :)

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
You are a lesson to us all...Thank you for telling us not to slack x

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Art of Flowers - I've tried to be good today and got a reading of 8.9 this evening which is the first reading I've taken. Just eaten nuts, cheese, pepperami, water and a few cups of tea today. As soon as I can get to the shops I can start to buy other foods as want to follow a low carb diet. Thank you :)

In many ways, BECAUSE the diet works so well, it can lead any of us into a false sense of security. After all - if beating diabetes is "that easy" - then surely its not really that big an issue - our body recovered - problem solved.

Its all too easy to let the processed foods/carbs creep back in and the cycle begin again so you are not alone.

I'm sure you will be into the swing of it very quickly :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Stay away from processed meats if you can ... they're not good. Good on you for the resolve

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Stay away from processed meats if you can ... they're not good. Good on you for the resolve
What do you mean by 'they're not good'? Blood sugar wise there's nothing wrong with them as long as they haven't put additional carbs in them, which you can check on the package or ask at the butchers.
If you mean they're not good for reasons not having to do with diabetes it would make things less confusing if you explained.