where do you put your cannulas?

Deanc883

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello Nomi, I also use the insight. I use the underside of my arm near the tricep area. Using a mirror, bend your arm at elbow, exposing loose skin under your arm (bat wings). I use a 70mm tube. For me this area has the same absorption rate as my stomach area.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
I had been on injections for over 50 yrs mostly in the stomach but also the legs. My stomach had just about had it. Been on a animas vibe now for about 10 months. I have been putting it in my stomach useing inset 30 cannulas which are angled and can last up to 3 days. My stomach lumps have mostly gone, but I now have a gerneral swelling all over this area. I was told because it is angled it uses a different area than when I was injecting. I reckon it does. The inset 30 fires itself in when squeezed. But I might try legs soon.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I did injections and cannulas in bum cheeks for 30+ years. Legs bled too much and stomach never had good levels.
Had to come off pump as my skin everywhere started rejecting cannulas. Bum started not to work. Stomach no chance, constant failures. Tried more types of sets from different manufacturers than hot dinners (slight exageration) but all types steel, flex and all lengths.

I too was told by 2 hospitals that children can use them and they are skinny too..
I had absolutely no fat, just muscle and a bag of bones.
3rd hospital realised the probs were my skin, even in non used areas was rejectting after 5 years brilliant use.

No choice but to return to MDI. Diaport discussed but I really do not want to be a guinea pig, got enough probs with adding that to list as well.

I wore my pump(s) on arm. Nowhere else. Loved the cannulas in bum. Always steel ones.

MangosteenElbow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use inset 30 with aninas vibe.
No problems when I had more abdominal fat. Now lean, only very rarely is there a glitch. Sometimes forget to change over 4 days! That is due to reduced insulin needs due to keto. Cartridge turnover and inset sites get out of synch.
Inset 30 was recommended due to expected sweaty, vigorous exercise. Never any problems with attachment.
I'm experimenting with rotating in a spiral outwards from belly button.
Glad to learn from this thread about massage of cannula sites in days after removal. Sounds like good prevention. Will do it to sensor sites as well.