Handset

jimbocolvie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, a while ago (on a different username which seems to have vanished hence why I am using this one) I had a problem with my handset for my pump. Roche replaced it and all seemed fine. Well my new handset has had problems with power and test strips and have to say Roche have sent me another within 24 hours. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with their accu-chek insight handset not reading test strips Ok?

Now I have the fun trying to connect it to the computer to transfer data and setting across.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The member @Snapsy uses the Insight Pump, hopefully by tagging her she'll reply to your thread.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all, a while ago (on a different username which seems to have vanished hence why I am using this one) I had a problem with my handset for my pump. Roche replaced it and all seemed fine. Well my new handset has had problems with power and test strips and have to say Roche have sent me another within 24 hours. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with their accu-chek insight handset not reading test strips Ok?

Now I have the fun trying to connect it to the computer to transfer data and setting across.

Hi @jimbocolvie - I had problems (E57) with my Insight handset in April & Roche sent me a replacement the next day. Occasionally it doesn't react when I pop a test strip in but not often. Hope yours sorts itself

Reactions: jimbocolvie

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @jimbocolvie the issue I had with my handset (twice - both times the same problem, both times they sent me a replacement) was with the on/off button not onning/offing.

I have also occasionally had an error message when putting in a test strip, telling me to re-insert the strip (can't remember precise wording of error message), but not often enough for me to worry about it, as it is generally then fine when I put the strip in again.

Oh hang on - yes, yes I DID have a problem with strips - my second pot of strips I had for it was faulty - that was indeed a nightmare - every single strip I tried from that pot resulted in an error message - I spoke to Roche and sent them back - luckily I had another couple of pots in stock so could just carry on.

If the power issue you mention is with the on/off button, that's what has happened with mine and they sent me a replacement handset both times.

Hope Roche customer services can sort you out - I've found them good to deal with.

:)

jimbocolvie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the reply and snapsy it was the strips and they think it was the meter. My old profile was JimC and you have helped me in the past with canula sites but for some reason my old profile has disappeared! I have my new handset and all working now but did take about 2 hours to sort out.

Reactions: noblehead