Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

mayoburt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning everyone I only joined yesterday. Went to the Docs last night after having double digit readings for nearly 2 weeks. Went for blood test Doc thinks I may have to go on insulin, awaiting results from blood test. Just done reading 18.1 after breakfast, could'nt do early morning as batteries went in my monitor.

13.6 when is this going to right itself

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
This was done, as requested, yesterday Jaylee, then tagged both grannygrump and mayoburt to let them know Id done that. What's the point of having two threads for fbg if we're going to chat on this one?
This low chat thread is so helpful just being able to add a message to your fasting bloods reading, theirs more interaction with people and that has to be better for everyone. So glad people like you are around to help others who aren't sure who to contact and I don't know how to tag daisy1 myself. I'm of the generation who has to learn about these things. K

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Lizanne sorry for the crosswires yesterday hadn't realised you had contacted someone apologies.Kathleen

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
13.6 when is this going to right itself
Hi mayoburt give it time and follow information what daisy1 sends you lots on here have been in your shoes.Take care K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks im still getting used to using this site haven't got a clue what I am doing its all guesswork x
Hi again I know what you mean it is a confusing site at times but then I'm in my 70s and had to pick things up myself,lots of people on here who you can ask anything your bothered about,I do wish you all the best with your journey diabetes is a hard one to cope with at times. I've been type2 for 17 years no longer on medication with a combination of weight loss and following advice on here if I can do it you can I'm sure. Regards Kathleen

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Blood sugars take time to go down daisy1 is better at giving you advice and there are moderators are more expert than me post a question about your worries and someone will try and help.
Reducing your carbs is the first step but daisy1 will have sent you a type2 diet to follow try things for a while and you will see results.K

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, don't know about you but its a chilly enough morning here for my blood not to want to leave my finger when its pricked.......... however 5.9 the best its been for a while.....

mayoburt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi again I know what you mean it is a confusing site at times but then I'm in my 70s and had to pick things up myself,lots of people on here who you can ask anything your bothered about,I do wish you all the best with your journey diabetes is a hard one to cope with at times. I've been type2 for 17 years no longer on medication with a combination of weight loss and following advice on here if I can do it you can I'm sure. Regards Kathleen

Thankyou Kathleen should get my blood results back today. Really dont want to go on insulin. Tried metformin but it makes me really ill