Share Your Progress!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Got my HbA1c result today of 36 or 5.4%, up from 35 / 5.3%. Not to shabby considering my berry, oats intake and portion sizes. Cholesterol ratio of 2.25, Triglycerides 0.51, total cholesterol 3.87. Happiest was my Kidney function (GFR) up to 72 from 68 (this was my main concern as 60 is the lowest normal figure and I know I damaged these with my initial massive highs).

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Diagnosed in February 2017. Control over the past couple of months has been excellent. Staying in target range for the vast majority of the time and averaging 5.2 mmol/l. Keep up the good work everyone! :)

Attachments

• Reading.PNG
    Reading.PNG
    112.7 KB · Views: 493
Reactions: Prem51

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm underweight T2 and really stuggling with diet. I need to eat to gain weight but also to reduce my blood glucose. I have gained about half a stone since being diagnosed in December 2015 but am still just under 9 stone. At my last HbA1c test my levels since diagnosis had improved greatly partly due to the meds and partly I guess due to diet. I also need to reduce cholesterol a bit so saturated fats are out.
I've been monitoring my bg every couple of days or so and what I have noted is that my lunch time levels tend to be lower than breakfast or dinner. BUT - my rolling average has been creeping up over the past month or two.
Graph show my bg falling as meds and diet start to kick in. Straight line periods are holidays when I've not tested (didn't want to know!) and a rise recently.

BG%20levels_zpsinplaar4.jpg
why are you cutting out saturated fats out to reduce cholesterol ? for me eating saturated fats reduced cholesterol , reduced trigs and increasesd HDL . - each into the ideal range

D

Deleted member 308541

I have nearly got my ninety day average down below 6.0 mmol.

This is a average from Sunday with my mobile app.

Glucose Averages

Today 5.57 mmol/L
Last 7 days 5.67 mmol/L
Last 30 days 5.81 mmol/L
Last 60 days 5.92 mmol/L
Last 90 days 6.02 mmol/L

STEVENB62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diagnosed type 2 in January> Last tested in April HABc1 down from 63 to 43. Managed to lose 1 stone 10 lbs.
Not tried to loose weight. Cut out potatoes and red meat and eating differently.

I use the nexus glucose RX monitor.

Recently I have tested a few more times 1 and 2 hours after meals. for instance I had porridge with milk and 2 sliced strawberies for breakfast. 1st reading before was 5.1 the 2nd an hour later was 10.4 and 2 hours after was 6. I have noticed that is seems to go high about an hour after meals.

Do I need to be worried about this?

Normally I do 2 sets of 30 minutes of hard cycling on the turbo trainer after breakfast and my main meal in the hopes that this well help my readings to not go high.

A lot of people follow the LCHF diet.

Is there anyone here who has had previous history of heart attack or stroke who has been following this diet for some time without any problems?

Reactions: FADM2 and Prem51

barakiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey everyone!

We're really curious to know how everyone's gotten on this year. Have you managed to lower your HbA1c? Maybe you've shed a few pounds and are feeling proud of yourself! Whatever you've managed this year, we want to know about it!
hi there, I was diagnosed in November 2016 type two. my readings were 6.6 and 51 I imediatley went on a low carb diet, went on a six week course xpert learnt all about type two and read books , I had lost half a stone before I found out but since then have lost a further one and a half stone making 2 stone altogether, I went for my first 3 month check with the diabetic nurse and after being on my own low carb diet and cutting out suger cakes desserts ect, my reading had gone from 51 down to 46 in 3 months. im now waiting to go again for my next test and hope to get it down further, I am determined to reverse or put into remission this type two and will do everything in my power to achieve this. I am a cancer survivor from 30 years ago. and I survived that which makes me more determined to try to get a good result on the next reading. unfortunately I was told I have background retinopathy which maybe came before I was diagnosed, I will keep an eye on that and go for regular screening. I intend to lose another 3 stone and hope this helps me in what im trying to achieve. I don't take any medicine and just on diet only.

Chrissy8

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my hba1c from 55 to 40...reckon it was down to 40 within a month - ketogenic. Absolutely cannot seem to get my blood sugars lower...guess I will have to try some more intermittant/longer fasts as keto isnt QUITE enough despite being VERY compliant

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got my hba1c from 55 to 40...reckon it was down to 40 within a month - ketogenic. Absolutely cannot seem to get my blood sugars lower...guess I will have to try some more intermittant/longer fasts as keto isnt QUITE enough despite being VERY compliant
You may still be emptying your liver stores, since this can take a while. This could be liver dump activity, especially if you are not working out energetically to burn it up.

Its taken years to filll the fat store up, and it needs a few weeks to coax it out with low carb. Persevere and it should settle down soon.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Chrissy8

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may still be emptying your liver stores, since this can take a while. This could be liver dump activity, especially if you are not working out energetically to burn it up.

Thanks for this ... gotta stop hiding from exercise although I used to be very fit

Its taken years to filll the fat store up, and it needs a few weeks to coax it out with low carb. Persevere and it should settle down soon.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Diagnosed four months ago with a HbA1c of 98. A month later and it had fallen to 73.
Fast forward to 5th September and my reading is 43. DN reduced Metformin from four per day to three per day and this time there were no threats or scare tactics. I have lost a stone and a half since dx.

Metformin and diet, no excercise and no fasting. LCHF has helped with inflammation and has given me some hope.
Goals:
Maintain bg levels
Stabilise weight
Reduce Metformin further
Reduce overall medication
Lower the carb intake of family and spread the word
Try Again to give up smoking
Have a stonking good Christmas!

Reactions: ziggy_w and Prem51

ardanish59

A True story of success to defeat Diabetes 2

My name is Abdul Rehman Danish you can say Abdul I am 59 year old resident of Islamabad (Pakistan ) I was diagnosed with type-2 10 year before my first reading was 375 mg after 2hr breakfast. my cholesterol was 310mg (fasting)

I was shocked two much and to much hopeless but after 1 week I decide to fight and after 1 month my fasting was less then 85mg , after 2 hr. meal 120 – 140mg and cholesterol was 160mg without any oral hypoglycemic drug without any consultation of any Doctor

My treatment is (from 10 years)

1, 16 Km jogging daily 8km in afternoon with bright sunlight and 2lt. water and 2 lime after 30min of lunch 8km in night after30min of dinner I am receiving benefit of exercise and lowering my blood sugar and maintaining my androgen with bright sunlight without any therapy (alhamdulillah)

2, my diet is enrich with complex carbs, protein, fiber, fats , vegetables, fruit(just apple) Soybeans is my favorite for protein , fiber and micronutrients, from 10 years

3, Salads lettuce, celery, parsley

4, 1lt milk (buffalo) daily

5, Seeds Flax seeds , chia seeds, and fenugreek seeds

6, Handful of nuts (almond, walnut, pine nut, peanut)

7, 2-3 apples with skin daily

8, B complex, minerals , antioxidants ,Alpha lipoic acid, CoQ 10 daily

I am spending little money and lot of time on myself to live life best my weight is 47 height 5.8 and BMI is below 17 but after 10 year I have no any diabetic complication. I am mentally, Physically , Socially and Medically very very, very fit and I want (wish)this for all the humans in the world. I write a literature on diabetic in urdu with my self-experience and best available Knowledge in the world for diabetic patients to keep ensure fight against diabetes

If I can defeat type-2 without any medication(with the mercy of allah) you can be

FADM2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got test results yesterday!
A1C down to 7.2 from 7.6 in April. I was having Metformin 850g twice a day and my BG kept going up. After April results, I disciplined my diet and reduced Metfo intake to 850g once a day.
Lost 6 kgs since April.
Next test will be in Dec/Jan and I'm aiming for A1C 6.5-6.8.

Hank63

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Went to docs, he told me I have reversed type 2, can I come off statins then doctor I asked, don’t think so they are working for you so there’s no need, I want to come off this poison..

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Negative people.
Not been here for a while but still interested in progress. I was diagnosed type 2, 21 October 2015. Hba1c was then at 7.5 (59). I had allowed myself to get sucked in to eating and drinking all the wrong things, no exercise and weight crept up. 15st 1lb, cholesterol 5.9, blood pressure off the scale 190/142 at worst and controlled by three drugs and water pills. The advice I got from the NHS was at best useless and at worst dangerous. I seemed headed for more pills and a life dependent on doctors. To say I was in shock is an understatement.
Two things began to change me. The first was watching a TV programme 'doctor in the house' where a GP lived with and advised a man with many of the problems I had. The second was finding the low carb diet. Both gave me enough information to start exploring how to turn my life around.
Scroll forward to last Thursday. The half yearly diabetic MOT. Why do we always fear these? The new figures Hba1c 6.2 (44), 12st 1lb, cholesterol 3.9, blood pressure 138/78 and no medication. Even the practice nurse asked me two or three times how I had managed to turn myself around. And I still think she didn't believe me. She offered me a place on a six week diabetes management course.
Add to this last Monday I qualified as a fitness instructor and in the spring will be qualified to undertake personal training with the aim of working with people stuck in the diabetic rut and those struggling with weight and fitness issues.
I am firmly committed to the belief that we all have it in us to change and help heal ourselves and, although you do at times need support, it is us who must decide to make lifelong changes. There can be no half measure.
There is life after diabetes......I just don't think the NHS as cottoned on yet!

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Well done to everyone here. I've got the six month blood test next Monday so wish me luck. I've kept the 2stone lost off and what seems good control but always nervous. Claire

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hey everyone!

We're really curious to know how everyone's gotten on this year. Have you managed to lower your HbA1c? Maybe you've shed a few pounds and are feeling proud of yourself! Whatever you've managed this year, we want to know about it!
I've had a great year!
Anyone else?
I've lost 4st without surgery. I've got my asthma under medicial control, I got discharged from cardiologist after find out that my score of 19 isn't all blocking my LAD artery and no intervention was needed.
My last hba1c was 48. The best I've had probables for 40yrs!!!
I knew 2017 was going to be a great year!
I'm hoping 2018 just ices that perfectly baked cake. Bariatric surgery to get me into no longer morbidly obese or obese. And less meds....yes, please!