What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. A piece of homemade low-carb Sacher torte.

Lunch: Nothing (although hungry) as blood sugars were higher than usual.

Late afternoon: A piece of lamb on a low-carb bun.

Snack: Zucchini chips

Late night (after forty-five minutes of exercise) -- A tuna-celery salad with mayonnaise.

Glad to report that this morning fasting blood sugars were a bit lower again and blood pressure normal:happy:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Sunday...

Breakfast: (naughty) Lidl roll with a bit of cheese and some baked beans which, strangely, didn't do anything to my BG - normally baked beans (much as I love them) really spike my BG

Lunch: 150g raspberries (fresh)

Dinner: Roast lamb, tablespoon each of carrots, broad beans and roast parsnip then filled up plate with cauliflower, broccoli and runner beans - and a splodge of gravy

Drinks: Decaff black coffee until lunchtime then sparkling mineral water with a glass or three (!) of red wine with dinner /and during the evening

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B Greek Yeo, flax, cherries
D Large piece of brie , apple
T Elvis sandwich -4 slices of LivLife peanut butter bread, folded and buttered on the outside and fried in butter. (Not the healthiest but it hit the spot! Tired fed up and not in the mood for cooking today) Blueberries

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Highest BG today was 7.4 after breakfast. Bed 6 FBG was also 6 and pre breakfast was 6.6.
B. 2 scrambled eggs and 3 rashers crispy streaky bacon. 4 cherry tomatoes and a Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. 20g red Leicester cheese while out for retail therapy at M&S.
D. Remains of yesterday's ribs. Lettuce, tomatoes, home made vegetable salad, 4 mozzarella pearls and a baby beet.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Back from my Dad's now and catching up with the forum.

Sunday

Breakfast - none

Lunch - bit of a medley. Small amounts of cold lamb, corned beef, cheese, with rocket and tomatoes and mayo; raspberries and cream

Dinner - bought at M&S for train journey home - feta side salad with tomatoes, two 30g portions cheese, pack of crackling crisps. Once home gave in to a severe case of the munchies and ate way too much Hema 85% chocolate.

Today

Fasting day.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - none

Dinner - chicken leg with cauliflower and broccoli cheese

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Planned for tomorrow but may get altered last minute.
B: egg scrambled in fry light with tinned mackerel in brine. 1 slice of protein bread toasted with upper crust removed.
L: Ham sandwich on protein bread (2 slices), crusts removed. May put on salad cream, maybe.
D: Crispy bacon and precooked potato cubes stir-fried. Baconhash.
Water and diet lemonade with a b/f coffee.
Fingers crossed.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: A low carb role with butter and cheese, some tuna-celery sald with mayonnaise, some zucchini chips.

Dinner: Tuna sashimi with a galangal-lime-honey dip, roasted bellpeppers and eggplants.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Monday...

Breakfast: None

Lunch: Half a Lidl roll (unbuttered) cut in to soldiers and a boiled egg

Dinner: Sunday roast lamb leftovers with cauliflower, broccoli and runner beans - and gravy

Drinks: Black decaff coffee until lunch time then sparkling mineral water

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well that was weird. Bed 6.1 FBG was also 6.1 and pre breakfast was also 6.1. Thought my meter was stuck at first. Also noticed that's 2 nights I've had a big drop during the night - down to 4 (allowing for the difference between the Libre and the jab).
B/L fresh anchovies, 6 king prawns, M&S marinated vegetable antipasti, 4 mozzarella pearls and Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
D. Probably the salmon fillet with lettuce, tomato and 1/2 avocado and the last 4 king prawns.
Hubby at the football so usually don't eat much.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Tuesday
B: 1 slice toasted Wensleydale cheese/ black tea.
L: Mixed salad ( chopped lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, beetroot, celery) with grated cheddar cheese/ sliced boiled egg/ black tea.
D: 1 slice bacon/ 2 poached eggs/ 1/2 can tomatoes/ 1 slice bread/ black tea.
Snacks: None yet!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none, then a coffeesubstitute and cream at 11am
L: 3 gluten free crispbreads with butter and marmite (5.9g carbs each) followed by gentle ambling dog walk
S: 2 squares of lindt 70% with peanut butter on top - yes, I am tagging you @maria030660 cos it is all your fault. I had completely forgotten this delicious little snackette until I saw your thread, and now I am probably going to have this snack every day for weeks, cos it is absolutely gorgeous! lol :D
D: My DIY very vegetabley bolognese sauce, on oomi noodles. Problem is, we are out of Parmesan, which is just about on the trauma level of a national disaster. so I may have to get creative.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: none, then a coffeesubstitute and cream at 11am
L: 3 gluten free crispbreads with butter and marmite (5.9g carbs each) followed by gentle ambling dog walk
S: 2 squares of lindt 70% with peanut butter on top - yes, I am tagging you @maria030660 cos it is all your fault. I had completely forgotten this delicious little snackette until I saw your thread, and now I am probably going to have this snack every day for weeks, cos it is absolutely gorgeous! lol :D
D: My DIY very vegetabley bolognese sauce, on oomi noodles. Problem is, we are out of Parmesan, which is just about on the trauma level of a national disaster. so I may have to get creative.
I wish I liked peanut butter. I keep trying just to make sure I don't like it as it looks like something I should like but I don't no matter how often I try - it makes me physically sick (so does rum and salted nuts of any variety). Even the smell makes me ill. It's odd because I like most nuts in their natural form but do anything to them and it brings on waves of sickness.

Reactions: Butterfly1960

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another fasting day today - hadn't decided whether to fast or not, but got to lunchtime and wasn't hungry so just carried on.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - none

Dinner - bolognese with courgetti topped with grated cheese, 100ml Oppo chocolate and hazelnut ice cream with double cream. Its a good couple of weeks or so,since I had the bolognese and I really noticed how sweet it tastes. Will have to amend the recipe.

Drinks - don't usually drink coffee but had 2 mugs instant with cream, 1 Diet Coke (only 2 more left in the fridge and then I'll stop stocking it), 2 small bottles of San Pellegrino sparkling water. 1.5 litres still water

sparkyrich

B: 2 egg, 2 chestnut mushroom, 2 slices of thin sliced ham omelette
L: 2 Lidl low carb rolls with thin ham, cheddar cheese, lettuce and mayo
D: 3 chicken legs, lettuce, 3 baby plum tomatoes, mayo
S: 3 weetabix (whoops), milk, sucralose.

4 cups of tea, 2 cups of coffee, bottle of guava juice.

It's a while since I've taken my diabetes seriously. An appointment with the local hospital with a view to going on insulin has been a kick up the butt

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday ...

Breakfast: A cup of double decaffeinated espresso with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: Half a homemade low-carb roll with butter and gouda.

Dinner: Cornsalad with Caesar's dressing, parmesan, chicken breast, fried chicken skin, one spoonful of tuna-celery salad with mayonnaise, one small piece of homemade low-carb Sacher torte.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello! had a few days of visiting my dad feeling poorly with a chest infection, but he's on the mend so I'm back!
Tues
B- mushroom omelette with vegan pesto and cuppa ginger/ lemon/turmeric tea (gave it a miss for a few days and surprised I missed it!)
L- grazing from 11.45am to 1.30pm! in no particular order: Apple kiwi fruit 3x nairns choc chip oat cookies hot choc with macadamia milk (gotta have that again!) strawberry soya yogurt and 2x discs 72% dark choc!!!
D- 7.30pm - dippy boiled egg withv3x nairns oat seeded crackers and organic brown rice cake
Very hungry all day but BG tested x5 and highest was 6.7!! X3 readings in 5s! The gliclazide is working!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuesday...

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Half a Lidl protein roll and some Lidl low fat pate (which turned out to be very nice!)

Dinner: Baked field mushrooms stuffed with a bit of cheese, two sausages and a quarter tin of baked beans.

Drinks: Black decaff coffee until lunch time then sparkling mineral water for the rest of the day.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is all a bit odd. Had a few highs a few days ago but only now feeling sniffly, achy and warm but weirdly I don't feel ill I feel as if I should be ill but I'm not and my BGs are back to pretty reasonable again.
Bed 5.4 FBG 5.2 and pre breakfast was 6.4. Still don't feel much like eating.
B. A chicken drumstick - wanted something to just eat pre school run and that's all I could see.
Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
L. If anything it will be Marigold Swiss bouillon.
D. Stir fry with rock salmon, cauliflower rice, stir fry veg and Thai red curry sauce.

Might have chia pudding. Morrison's coconut milk seems to go lumpy. Tastes ok but not keen on texture. Best one so far is Sainsburys own coconut milk.