What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Lets hope i can keep it up Iv got my head in gear now. Not lost any weight which really surprised me because compared to what I used to eat which was nearly all carbs im now hardly any carbs lots if salad fruit and chicken and eggs myst be going wrong somewhere
Hi so pleased for you
Thanks Kathleen perhaps I am being impatient but after working so hard all week and doing 1 hour a day exercise (when before I was a couch potato) but we cant have everything I suppose at least for the time being its single BG levels. My problem is I am a very very fussy eater so I am limited to what I eat but I am trying my best going from an all carb diet and no exercise to eating healthy and exercising has given me a completely different outlook on life snd I feel so much better

Thanks for listening x
Hi again just do your best that's all we can do, I bought a book early on after starting on here called Carbs and Cals you would get loads of info on carb contents of every different kind of foods this would help you make choices until you get your head round it all. I got mine from Amazon but book shops would order it for you has well if they haven't got it in. Hope this is of some help. Kathleen

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi so pleased for you

Hi again just do your best that's all we can do, I bought a book early on after starting on here called Carbs and Cals you would get loads of info on carb contents of every different kind of foods this would help you make choices until you get your head round it all. I got mine from Amazon but book shops would order it for you has well if they haven't got it in. Hope this is of some help. Kathleen
You can also get carbs and Cal's as an app on your phone.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A nasty 6.6 this morning not been very well the last few days. Cold now bronchitis and not to go into too much detail but imodium can raise blood sugars too.

mayoburt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi so pleased for you

Jst had to let u know pre lunch I got a 4.3 but had 2 slices of seeded-no carb bread so might spike up again but so so pleased

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get that we are all different.

And I trust that you know your body and what you are doing!

But we can't be that different!

A glucose level of 2.8 is hypoglycemic in anyone's book, yet you laugh it off like it is perfectly normal!

If I am honest I don't know what to make of this ( that you are able to write the humorous posts that you do, is I suppose proof that you are not hypo)

not all feel terrible at levels under 3 mmol.... if not taking insuline affecting drugs 7 medicine ... then it is maybe also not actually dangerous...

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A nasty 6.6 this morning not been very well the last few days. Cold now bronchitis and not to go into too much detail but imodium can raise blood sugars too.

Hope you get well soon. Re the immodium there is lactose in the formulation wonder if that is responsible for raising blood sugar.?

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
not all feel terrible at levels under 3 mmol.... if not taking insuline affecting drugs 7 medicine ... then it is maybe also not actually dangerous...
After 50 years of tight control l have lost my hypo awareness and can function in the mid to low 2s , it's very dangerous territory and it's a good job for me my wife can tell when I'm low.

Reactions: heavyd

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After 50 years of tight control l have lost my hypo awareness and can function in the mid to low 2s , it's very dangerous territory and it's a good job for me my wife can tell when I'm low.

yes but because you are type 1 on insulin it can also very rapidly become life-threatening or brain damaging..it is really not always that dangerous if one is not taking insulin or insulin affecting medication.. ( well in some cases it would be dangerous in type 2 too even when not being on insulin affecting drugs... if for instance, this person drinks alcohol while being very low... then the blood glucose would lower even more...

http://www.healthline.com/diabetesm...use-brain-damage-does-diabetes-cause-cramps#2

but is it healthy to be under 4 mmol ...? I think not .

Last edited:
Reactions: philchap1

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lets hope i can keep it up Iv got my head in gear now. Not lost any weight which really surprised me because compared to what I used to eat which was nearly all carbs im now hardly any carbs lots if salad fruit and chicken and eggs myst be going wrong somewhere
It does often take 3-4 weeks before you start losing weight.