What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes @Butterfly1960 . I've had to rotate a saved pic then download onto her in past. If upside down delete your post then rotate opposite way on saved on camera then post til upright?
Ta for all the advice on photos wrong way round, sorry for any extra pain in the neck!! :(:oops:
I have discovered that it only happens with my mobile phone! When I upload direct from laptop, all works just fine and dandy :rolleyes::cat: So I will dump all my pics off my phone to my laptop and hey presto! no crick in the neck!! ;)

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Għada fil-għodu lilek innifsek minn min jaħdem ħafna lili dan il-mument il-Ħadd filgħodu. Well my most bodacious diabetic cool cats and hippy chicks this morning I went into my garden and laid out a load of random diabetic numbers on my lawn. Approached them with a forked branch and let it guide me to a number which was 3.3mmols. I am currently sat in a police cell in a straight jacket as my neighbours thought I shouldn't be indulging I such frivolous activity without clothes on. Have a most wondrous Sunday in whatever you are all partaking.
How much to bail you out @Diabeticliberty ?!? :angelic::greedy::nailbiting::D

bootyful0

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
running
6.3 at 9:00 a bit High Think Nemesis for sinning hugely 2 days ago
Hi Freema
Well done on getting your readings and weight down. Can you offer any advise on how you did it. I would be grateful
Have a lovely day
x

davealan1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Basically everything that's good for you.
6.3 this morning. I have worked out that stress is raising my morning fasting level by at least 1.0 :( I can see the difference when the stress is off which isn't often at the moment. After lunch and supper it doesn't show so much - I always have a reasonable size glass of red wine with my meal so that probably helps a lot :wink: Haven't tried wine for breakfast yet...

Has anyone else been able to work out how much stress affects their levels?
Hello daisy1. I know stress levels alter my BS levels, I do not normally check BS level after being stressed because it can lead to disappointment which then leads to more stress. I'm a truck driver who never ever are able to check BS level at the same time each day as each start time finish time is different. However, I must admit, seeing first being diagnosed with T2, in late August, I have lost 3kg in weight. As for my BS level this morning, well that was a little high at 10.1 that's because I had half of a small cream cake.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Out of interest, where is your hypo level? I think mine is 3.6. Luckily haven't had one for a while. They are welcome for me as type2 as it means I can reduce my insulin and maybe lose some more weight.
You know hypos are less immediate for us type2s. Not as dramatic as a type1 hypo. Ours comes on slowly. I've only ever had an unexpected one in heavy pregnancy, but on huge amounts of insulin at that stage too.
Because I've had type 1 for so long (50 years in December) I have lost hypo awareness, I can be 2.0 and still function , I have tried running levels higher but my consultant said that due to the length of time I won't get it back.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Because I've had type 1 for so long (50 years in December) I have lost hypo awareness, I can be 2.0 and still function , I have tried running levels higher but my consultant said that due to the length of time I won't get it back.
Wish I knew more about loss of hypo awareness. Betablocker suppose to disguise them too but I think I've been lucky so far.

Reactions: philchap1