Work shifts.

diabeticnewby

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi first of all sorry if makes no sense just need some help. So after my meds being changed I am now on victoza and touch wood ok with that and also metformin.

I started a new job in January I do like it but I have had some time off the process of changing to meds back in May. When I came back my gp put me on reduced hours to get back into work (also bearing in mind I'm still new so learning in new job)

Anyway sorry to the point I've always done shift work as work in customer call centre. Where I work it's 9 5, 10 6 , 8 4, and 11 8 and weekends.

When I came back my work had put me on 8 4 with no weekends but this is because of my sick note from gp. I now feel in September it's been brushed under the carpet with the shifts and what they can do to help.

I did say if they can stick to set shifts as what is show between the 2 different shift patterns I am happy with that.

Now when i look what the Rota says on paper what I should be doing does not coincide what it says on my Rota. For example I should have a 1 in 3 weekends of but so far been in every weekend and don't have 2 days together like most.

I'm so tired and don't know where I am coming or going. Can i request what would help me?

Also they never referred me to occupational health and left that under the carpet.

Also I'm really depressed and feel really low. I just feel like giving up completely. I called in sick today the truth is I so tired i had no energy and sugars up and down.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

KathyCP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi first of all sorry if makes no sense just need some help. So after my meds being changed I am now on victoza and touch wood ok with that and also metformin.

I started a new job in January I do like it but I have had some time off the process of changing to meds back in May. When I came back my gp put me on reduced hours to get back into work (also bearing in mind I'm still new so learning in new job)

Anyway sorry to the point I've always done shift work as work in customer call centre. Where I work it's 9 5, 10 6 , 8 4, and 11 8 and weekends.

When I came back my work had put me on 8 4 with no weekends but this is because of my sick note from gp. I now feel in September it's been brushed under the carpet with the shifts and what they can do to help.

I did say if they can stick to set shifts as what is show between the 2 different shift patterns I am happy with that.

Now when i look what the Rota says on paper what I should be doing does not coincide what it says on my Rota. For example I should have a 1 in 3 weekends of but so far been in every weekend and don't have 2 days together like most.

I'm so tired and don't know where I am coming or going. Can i request what would help me?

Also they never referred me to occupational health and left that under the carpet.

Also I'm really depressed and feel really low. I just feel like giving up completely. I called in sick today the truth is I so tired i had no energy and sugars up and down.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Hi diabeticnewby, sorry you're having such a tough time. i suggest you look at the info put up for newly diagnosed diabetics, there may be something in there that's helpful. but it sounds to me like you should talk to your manager about your shift patterns and possibly also go back to your gp to see if you can get some help there. sorry i can't suggest anything more helpful, but perhaps someone else can?

Reactions: diabeticnewby

diabeticnewby

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi diabeticnewby, sorry you're having such a tough time. i suggest you look at the info put up for newly diagnosed diabetics, there may be something in there that's helpful. but it sounds to me like you should talk to your manager about your shift patterns and possibly also go back to your gp to see if you can get some help there. sorry i can't suggest anything more helpful, but perhaps someone else can?

Thank you im sorry for the late reply i appreciate your help :) ive sorted my shifts now fingers crossed :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you im sorry for the late reply i appreciate your help :) ive sorted my shifts now fingers crossed :)

Great news you managed to sort things out. :)

As you probably realise, unfortunately you're not the first to have these sorts of issues, and I doubt you'll be the last. If you're comfortable to do so, it could help others what led to the resolution?

Of course, you are at liberty to keep it to yourself, if, for whatever reason you don't feel comfortable saying.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've worked afternoon shifts before for some companies and they have no sympathy if you have to inject yourself around 6.00pm there's is usually only the toilet to go and then your getting bosses giving you grief because you've been gone to long. So thankful work 8/5 Monday to Friday.