Type 1 Medical alert necklace/bracelet

mitty6678

Type of diabetes
Type 1
D

Deleted member 308541

I brought mine online for £5
http://www.theidbandco.com/Type-1-D...DX3hGBOx3a379_5ReORzshdLFBATt0Z4aAozFEALw_wcB
I found the etching on the metal bracelets not visual enough and it was annoying to take the necklace on and off. My bracelet also says insulin dependent. Hope this helps :)
I posted here with what Quoll medallion I have in post #10.

I was being sarcastic about the rubber bands, or any of their other freebies they were going to send me as new member.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Those SOS ones, they either break on me or they start turning my skin green!
I had exactly that - soon after I was diagnosed I was given a gold-plated SOS bracelet - the waterproof seal didn't really work, and as a keen sailor and windsurfer at the time I was disappointed that the paper got damp and mouldy before long. No worries - I replaced the paper regularly. When the gold plating wore off, though, the copper made my arm green - like bruising! - so it was time to say goodbye to it.

The good thing about the SOS Talisman as far as I was concerned was that - before it went soggy - it contained personal details - name, medication, who to call, etc - which is also what I like about Medic Alert. If I should be alone and unconscious I would want people to be able to find out who I am, who to contact and how, what medication I'm on and who my doctor is, etc.

:)

Reactions: No1DeadlyPoison

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
I had exactly that - soon after I was diagnosed I was given a gold-plated SOS bracelet - the waterproof seal didn't really work, and as a keen sailor and windsurfer at the time I was disappointed that the paper got damp and mouldy before long. No worries - I replaced the paper regularly. When the gold plating wore off, though, the copper made my arm green - like bruising! - so it was time to say goodbye to it.

The good thing about the SOS Talisman as far as I was concerned was that - before it went soggy - it contained personal details - name, medication, who to call, etc - which is also what I like about Medic Alert. If I should be alone and unconscious I would want people to be able to find out who I am, who to contact and how, what medication I'm on and who my doctor is, etc.

:)
I never had a problem with the seal, (maybe once but not all the time) just the fact it made my skin green, like my skin is made of acid haha. I also found the little clasp on the bracelet would become loose or break. I haven't actually replaced them, so as far as everyone else is concerned I'm not Diabetic but I do really need to get one in case something does happen and I am by myself. I liked the fact that it also had all the information you need inside it. Was a brilliant bracelet idea but maybe needs some adjusting lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

I liked the fact that it also had all the information you inside it. Was a brilliant bracelet idea but maybe needs some adjusting lol.
This is why I like the idea of a QR code on my medallion, it has all of my medical details etc. on it.

The paramedics only need to scan and they have access to my stuff that I entered on in my account on the Quoll website.

medical-card-600x600.jpg

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
This is why I like the idea of a QR code on my medallion, it has all of my medical details etc. on it.

The paramedics only need to scan and they have access to my stuff that I entered on in my account on the Quoll website.

medical-card-600x600.jpg
OMG! That is a genius idea! I think I need to get one for myself!

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
I have a medallion necklace, and I have just ordered the credit card one like in the pix I posted.

Here's the main website link.

https://quollmedical.com.au/

Last two questions in the faq, say it works worldwide, and they post every where in the world.

https://quollmedical.com.au/faq/
That's brilliant!!! Thank you! So, if you went abroad and they don't speak English would it translate the information on the card for them?

D

Deleted member 308541

That's brilliant!!! Thank you! So, if you went abroad and they don't speak English would it translate the information on the card for them?
That I do not know, good point to remember if I ever go to a non English speaking country again.

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
That I do not know, good point to remember if I ever go to a non English speaking country again.
To be honest, because of how thought out it is I would assume it would. :)

D

Deleted member 308541

To be honest, because of how thought out it is I would assume it would. :)
It said this in the faq

Can this system be operated from anywhere in the world?

This is truly an international product as both the Caduceus medical symbol and the QR code are recognised across the globe.

The added advantage is that most people with medical training can read or have a colleague who can read English.

We are currently conducting research to identify the need to add an active translator to the site.

So it looks like a translation in one form or another will be available.

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
It said this in the faq

So it looks like a translation in one form or another will be available.
Well that's good then! I can't believe I haven't heard of this before!

Vhm1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I will weigh in here with some words of advice. I work for a law enforcement agency. First responders (police, firefighters, ambulance service) as well as medical providers need to be able to easily, quickly and accurately identify your condition.

Have medical jewelry or a tattoo that is big enough and obvious enough for a person to see and understand what the jewelry or tattoo is meant to convey: Your condition and if space permits who to notify in an emergency.

The importance of Medical jewelry that looks too 'blingy' or decorative will be missed altogether when someone is trying to act quickly to to save your life.

Just my 2 cents and take care everyone.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I like that idea. MedicAlert holds all my details, and I find this aspect reassuring. Older technology, though (phone number plus a unique ID number to quote). Might think about an upgrade!

D

Deleted member 308541

If you scan that QR code in the pix I posted below, you will get a made up user id and details.

I just tried and had a laugh.

medical-card-600x600.jpg

D

Deleted member 308541

I have jut received the Quoll Medical Digital ID card I ordered last Thursday on Monday morning, it came by express post.

I filled all of my medical details and some other stuff that was required, and I am up and running ready for the paramedics if needed.

I have taken a pix of both sides of the card, and put them on one of the lock screen wallpapers I use on my mobile phone with a graphics program I use. I edited the pix I posted here so that my details remain private on this forum.

Well worth the money.

AWo9mk0.png

Edited: Added phone screenshot.

Last edited by a moderator: