Low carb high fibre snack

Ella1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I found these bars in Primark, very low carb, high fibre & protein. Anyone know where i can buy more of these? Can't find them on My Supermarket search.
a1517627c45b354d4f8c60d202db78a8.jpg
831333371bcc11f8b7a2e72c0608f1c2.jpg

Reactions: Rodrigo_Peroni

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Too heavy on the carbs for me. Sorry, can't help.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It says The Food Doctor on the pack. Google gives the website and that has suppliers including Tesco and Waitrose.

M

Member34835

Tesco sell similar bars - brand is Ptimal but i steer clear because its overpriced and processed. Ok for a treat. Apple and walnuts or sachet of almond butter could be low carb and high fibre plus convenient.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Going back to the original post, that bar is 40g, and at 29.7g carbs per 100 g, that equates to just 11.9g carbs in a 40g bar. Approx the same carbs as in a Lidl protein roll, which are mentioned enthusiastically on the forum amongst low carbers.

I would happily eat one of those bars and then test to see what my blood glucose reaction is.

My handbag often has Peanut 9bars and Kind nut bars in it - both of which work out at around 15g carbs/bar, and they come in very useful on occasion, if i have been busy and left it too long between meals, or as a replacement for lunch. The important thing is that they don't impact my blood glucose - in contrast to other things with fewer carbs that do (for example, a slice of Burgen bread, 11g carbs, or half an apple, 10g carbs). The trick seems to be that these bars are slow release nuts and seeds.

I am currently having a Peanut 9bar a day at lunch time while i am away from home, to keep me going til evening when i can eat properly.

So yes, bars like that can easily fit into a low carb lifestyle (I am counting LC as being anything up to 130g carbs a day).
They are also tasty, relatively slow release, they don't trigger my reactive hypoglycaemia, don't spike my blood glucose, and they are a lot less processed than things like Atkins and protein bars which seem to be stuffed with protein powders, wood alcohols and artificial sweeteners.

So thank you @Ella1973 the next time I pass Primark I will get one and see what it does to my blood glucose. :)

Reactions: Daphne917

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Going back to the original post, that bar is 40g, and at 29.7g carbs per 100 g, that equates to just 11.9g carbs in a 40g bar. Approx the same carbs as in a Lidl protein roll, which are mentioned enthusiastically on the forum amongst low carbers.

I would happily eat one of those bars and then test to see what my blood glucose reaction is.

My handbag often has Peanut 9bars and Kind nut bars in it - both of which work out at around 15g carbs/bar, and they come in very useful on occasion, if i have been busy and left it too long between meals, or as a replacement for lunch. The important thing is that they don't impact my blood glucose - in contrast to other things with fewer carbs that do (for example, a slice of Burgen bread, 11g carbs, or half an apple, 10g carbs). The trick seems to be that these bars are slow release nuts and seeds.

I am currently having a Peanut 9bar a day at lunch time while i am away from home, to keep me going til evening when i can eat properly.

So yes, bars like that can easily fit into a low carb lifestyle (I am counting LC as being anything up to 130g carbs a day).
They are also tasty, relatively slow release, they don't trigger my reactive hypoglycaemia, don't spike my blood glucose, and they are a lot less processed than things like Atkins and protein bars which seem to be stuffed with protein powders, wood alcohols and artificial sweeteners.

So thank you @Ella1973 the next time I pass Primark I will get one and see what it does to my blood glucose. :)
Same here - I've always got nine bars or protein bars in my desk drawer just in case I get the munchies! I tend to stick to 12 carbs per bar or less.