English Breakfast?

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I was just hoping you had found a source of deliciously huge sausages :) but I guess I will just have to keep eating 2 at a time ;)

You could always go for one of those curly Cumberland sausages...

454a65ca074266d02f708b912616a629.jpg

Now that would be a breakfast of champions ;)

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i use multi grain bread with light spread of butter not more than 25 gms for 2 slices of bread ,i find a full englidsh breakfast with a bcup of coffee cappucino large glass without sugar far superior and more healthy than convenional indian breakfasts which i feel are nutrient deficient ,small amount of white lean meat especially turkey ,pork or chicken are required in type 2 diabetes in the form of animal protein,i used to feel much betterbin london england after a bfast at the pub next dor to point a hotel hotel at kingscross in central london that too cost 10 to 11 quid ,so there is nothing to fear from brown bread or red beans

Last edited by a moderator:

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Love bacon and egg with mushrooms and black pudding. Tend to avoid the hash browns, beans and toast, the perfect lc breakfast when away. X

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
in south asians with metabolic syndrome the biggest problem is a low hdl ,if have studied myself over a 3 wk perion by consuming 2 to 3 glasses of red or white wine and the HDL certainly goes up and remains so making the individual feel consistently better and a bottle of wine in london should not cost more than 10 quid even the so called expensive ones rgds

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Really good vege breakfast at our local cinema - 2 poached eggs, grilled tomatoes and big mushrooms, spinach and avocado. I skip the toasted muffin under the eggs. Very low carb and delicious!

Reactions: OrsonKartt
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i need a piece of flesh with everymeal ,i eat a mixed diet ovo lacto vegetarian with fish on most days for lunch or dinner rgds

B

badcat

Mine this morning was 2 Heck Italian chicken sausages, 1 large egg, 6 mushrooms all fried in a mix of 10g butter and 12 olive oil sprays and served with 1 tbsp reduced sugar tomato ketchup. IMO a good use of 265 cals and 4g carbs

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bluetit1802
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you are under excellent control your hba1c is superb,just keep the good work you can add a slice of multigrain/oatmeal /wheat bread ,no harm done rgds dr prasad panicker cardiologist

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
you are under excellent control your hba1c is superb,just keep the good work you can add a slice of multigrain/oatmeal /wheat bread ,no harm done rgds dr prasad panicker cardiologist
Well, I could not add a slice of ordinary bread - I tried that shortly after diagnosis and spiked up almost to the level I'd been at diagnosis and it took two days to get back to where I had been.
I can eat a Lidl protein roll, though that has to count as the carbs for a whole meal but the spike reduces quite quickly.

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tip for sausages - look for gluten free.

That means they are not likely to be 60% pork and 40% cheap padding.

Good point! Quite a low of low quality sausages are filled up with rusk and other carb-heavy nonsense.

I love a full English now and then, and it has minimal BG impact on me. I also go for the "no-added sugar" baked beans every now and then - they'll push me up about 1.5mmol/l but if I'm already pretty low for the day I don't mind the jump.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
along with your lidl protein roll or slice of oat meal bread chew dispersible .3 mg voglibose mouth dissolving starvog .3 mg by merck it will cut the post prandial spike and very little G I symptoms as well ,you can also try glynase xl glipizide sustained release 5 mg,it will also control the post prandial,the trick is have a proper bfast ,sandwiches or a roll for lunch and fruits and salads for dinner along with some slices of cooked turkey or chicken sausages or fish steamed to give you valuable protein rgds

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could always go for one of those curly Cumberland sausages...

454a65ca074266d02f708b912616a629.jpg

Now that would be a breakfast of champions ;)

I'm afraid I tend to be reminded of rather well arranged intestines when I see the raw coiled Cumberland sausages... and very unfortunately put myself off buying them...:(:(:wideyed:

Robbity

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What's the carb count like in black pudding? I suppose it varies, but generally, is it OK?

I miss mealie pudding and haggis though: can't get them where I live, but I suppose the carbs probably make them a bit of a no-no anyway

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's the carb count like in black pudding? I suppose it varies, but generally, is it OK?

I miss mealie pudding and haggis though: can't get them where I live, but I suppose the carbs probably make them a bit of a no-no anyway

Probably quite low, thinking about what they're supposed to be made of, but again likely depends on the quality. I can imagine the cheaper brands of black pudding being the kind of product that is bulked out with cereals and other carbs.

Reactions: Geordie_P